Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread shows pictures of "new for 2015" StingRay wheels as shown in actual car pictures.

While shown previously on Harlan Charles' convertible at Bloomington Gold, here are two pictures of the black Z-51 machined wheel (option "QCC.")

And another new 2015 wheel, the red striped Z-51 wheel (option "5YZ") -- seen here on the 2015 Pacific StingRay:

We have still not yet seen a picture of the yellow striped Z-51 wheel (option "5Y2), black base wheel (option "QX1"), the black machined base wheel (option "RPK), nor the picture of the new 2015 "Motorsports Design" wheels (polished: option "5YW" and black: option "5YX"). Here are earlier "concept" pictures of two of those wheels; they will be replaced later when we see our first actual pictures.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This thread shows pictures of "new for 2015" StingRay wheels as shown in actual car pictures.

While shown previously on Harlan Charles' convertible at Bloomington Gold, here are two pictures of the black Z-51 machined wheel (option "QCC.")

Thanks John!
With Harlan's pic I wasn't sure, but now with this other pic, I'm changing my Chrome to Black Machined, I hope I won't be disappointed. :confused:
I don't like the black, but this is different, looks subdued Classy to me, it definitely is a Knockout with the Grays!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks John!
With Harlan's pic I wasn't sure, but now with this other pic, I'm changing my Chrome to Black Machined, I hope I won't be disappointed. :confused:
I don't like the black, but this is different, looks subdued Classy to me, it definitely is a Knockout with the Grays!
I agree with you. This is the look I'd choose. I hope this wheel is an option for the Z06.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I am still worried they are choosing std gloss car paint for between the spokes which will pit and chip if in extreme conditions/winter weather, wish it was powdercoat, just a notation.......

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just ordered my Stingray with the "QCC" Black machined wheels, hope they look as good as I think they will with Arctic White.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah JS! We're probably getting them also.

Be sure to post pics when your car arrives!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah JS! We're probably getting them also.

Be sure to post pics when your car arrives!
I will be sure to, as I hope you will as well...

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I guessed using the process of elimination, and I think I am correct. I think it is 5YW.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
It is a wheel that will be hugely expensive (like $4500/set) and it will be far better going with a forged aftermarket wheel that looks 99% like it....Just my guess, by the way Chevy prices their aftermarket stuff....

·
Registered
9 Posts
This wheel looks like the owner tried to replicate the black machined Z51 wheel.

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1406907638.827995.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This wheel looks like the owner tried to replicate the black machined Z51 wheel.

View attachment 10666

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
I respectfully disagree. I like this one better though.

The Black Machined QCC is clearly BLACK painted on the wheel parts that aren't the spokes. The spoke arms that face outwards are machined, but the rest of the circular part and all that are black.

My husband wanted black wheels and I wanted chrome and our compromise in the 2014 offerings world was to get base wheels so nobody got an upgrade.

Once we saw these, we figure it is a better compromise as he gets the black part on the inside and I get the metal looking edges. I fear the black paint is going to be chipped all the hell though (black wheel guys are complaining about this), but I probably can't get him to NOT get these now. He is very excited about them.

Still nearly two months before we place our order though, so we're hoping for more pictures of the QCC.

Cheers,

Reactions: Yette17

·
Registered
39 Posts
Suzy, same dilemma with our Z51 order, and same logic! The arctic white looks great with the black and the chrome, so we're hoping the QCC will be a great compromise.

Originally the decision was black, as we saw our exact want and feel in love with it, but the design really stands out with the machined edges, and we're hoping less dings and scratches
will be prevalent without the painted edges.

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as we get him!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Suzy, same dilemma with our Z51 order, and same logic! The arctic white looks great with the black and the chrome, so we're hoping the QCC will be a great compromise.

Originally the decision was black, as we saw our exact want and feel in love with it, but the design really stands out with the machined edges, and we're hoping less dings and scratches
will be prevalent without the painted edges.

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as we get him!

Wow, my sibling from another mother. LOL! Or, maybe just the same Vulcan school of logic?

I think black (either all black or QCC) better on Arctic White than chrome. Absolutely LOVE the AW when it has all the black touches. Those 'gills' in black on the hood and the sides just pop so spectacularly. Can't wait to see pics of yours! What is your ETA? You can PM me so we don't get in trouble for getting off topic on the wheels thread. ;)

Reactions: Yette17

·
Registered
170 Posts
I need to pay better attention to these 2015 threads... :cool:

I ordered a black car with red stripes - and the base wheels.
I ended up ordering a 2015, but the black wheels available on the 2014 'build and price' were Z51 - so I never gave black wheels another thought.

I like the looks of QX1 on the black car, so I'm going to call the dealer and see if it's too late to make the change - five days ago I was at event code 2000, so hopefully it's not a huge deal.
At $495 it's also a bargain.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Has anyone seen any Black Chrome wheels such as the ones offered by West Coast Corvettes?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I need to pay better attention to these 2015 threads... :cool:

I ordered a black car with red stripes - and the base wheels.
I ended up ordering a 2015, but the black wheels available on the 2014 'build and price' were Z51 - so I never gave black wheels another thought.

I like the looks of QX1 on the black car, so I'm going to call the dealer and see if it's too late to make the change - five days ago I was at event code 2000, so hopefully it's not a huge deal.
At $495 it's also a bargain.
I called the other day. Now I'm at 3000 and though I could make a change...it would be like starting over at 1100 until it's re-approved.
Could take very little time to get caught back up, but with a TPW of 2nd week Sept, it wasn't worth pushing it back a single minute.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I called the other day. Now I'm at 3000 and though I could make a change...it would be like starting over at 1100 until it's re-approved.
Could take very little time to get caught back up, but with a TPW of 2nd week Sept, it wasn't worth pushing it back a single minute.
Also if you were price protected, you would lose that and those wheels would Now cost you an additional $1,000.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts