Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"What's allowed:
Factual accounts of issues you encounter as a real owner of a real car. Provide as much detail, pictures, and documentation as you are able to talk about the issue.
Factual accounts or updates regarding resolution of issues that you or your dealer provided to solve a problem with your Stingray. If you solve a problem and post a separate update, please edit your original post that it was resolved and reference the post with the update if possible.

What's not allowed (This will be strictly enforced):
Comments about other model year Corvettes (even if they may relate to current equipment.)
Stories or issues you read about on other forums.
Posting about a problem "your friend" had with their car.
Posting that "your car is fine" or "I didn't have that problem."

The intent of this thread is to collect data and provide information for people who own a 2016 Corvette Stingray. Hopefully we will see both problems and resolutions and allow a place for folks to learn how to deal with issues that they encounter. If you can provide content information (equipment group, options, etc.) about your car that would be welcome. If you can provide photos of the issue or video of the behavior, that would be welcome. If are willing to post your VIN number, that would be helpful so that others with VIN's in a nearby range can relate.
Let's see if we can keep this thread on topic and make it a useful place for new and would be owners to learn what is going on."

·
Registered
107 Posts
My passenger side daytime run light didn't work yesterday for a little bit. Haven't had any issues since. It seems like when I turned off the car and back on they both worked again. It only happened when the lights were on auto. When i manually turned the low beams on, both daytime lights would work. I have seen another C7 drive around before with only one daytime light working before. Is this a common problem? What is the solution? I haven't encountered it since but I am keeping an eye on it.

Reactions: Staci1225

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
My passenger side daytime run light didn't work yesterday for a little bit. Haven't had any issues since. It seems like when I turned off the car and back on they both worked again. It only happened when the lights were on auto. When i manually turned the low beams on, both daytime lights would work. I have seen another C7 drive around before with only one daytime light working before. Is this a common problem? What is the solution? I haven't encountered it since but I am keeping an eye on it.
Maybe a stupid question on my part, but when you did not see the daytime running light was the turn signal on?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No. The only reason I noticed it was because some jackass with a megaphone told me my light was out. I immediately pulled over and checked for myself. That's when I noticed that it was only when on auto. When I turned on low beans it would work again. Next time I started up the car I haven't been able to recreate the issue

·
Registered
107 Posts
Took it in. They are replacing the entire light assembly due to it being a brand new car. There was some issue related to not enough power going to one DRL until the headlamps were turned on. GM wanted to replace it rather than fix it. Also, the OAT was stuck at 140 degrees. They replaced the sensor but it did not fix it. GM engineers are looking for a fix or they will replace the display.

One of the first vettes built and probably the first in the shop. I didn't even have it a week. What is the point of QC if you are going to ship me a incomplete car.

Reactions: Staci1225

·
Registered
677 Posts
Took it in. They are replacing the entire light assembly due to it being a brand new car. There was some issue related to not enough power going to one DRL until the headlamps were turned on. GM wanted to replace it rather than fix it. Also, the OAT was stuck at 140 degrees. They replaced the sensor but it did not fix it. GM engineers are looking for a fix or they will replace the display.

One of the first vettes built and probably the first in the shop. I didn't even have it a week. What is the point of QC if you are going to ship me a incomplete car.
Sorry to hear John. Hopefully you get all this sorted quickly. Knock on wood, so far no problems with mine. As you know, my VIN is within 100 of yours.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After a day in a half with 3 corvette techs and 4 GM engineers consulting I have my car back. The funny thing was it as a 5 min fix and. 10 cent part once they correctly diagnosed. No display or lighting assembly parts needed. My issues were interrelated. Apparently the oat and passenger light are on the same circuit and when they produced the car someone bent a connector to
Have the ground touch the live wire which caused a short... My dealer will be sending GM a nice little bill for there incompetence and not checking their work. Seriously you would think they would notice a light not working espically when it sat in qc for a month

Reactions: daleong

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
After a day in a half with 3 corvette techs and 4 GM engineers consulting I have my car back. The funny thing was it as a 5 min fix and. 10 cent part once they correctly diagnosed. No display or lighting assembly parts needed. My issues were interrelated. Apparently the oat and passenger light are on the same circuit and when they produced the car someone bent a connector to
Have the ground touch the live wire which caused a short... My dealer will be sending GM a nice little bill for there incompetence and not checking their work. Seriously you would think they would notice a light not working espically when it sat in qc for a month
Very interesting! Glad they found the actual cause and resolved it for you, even if it was an arduous route.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A8 transmission slippage

New 2016 ZO6 with A8....two weeks old and 250 miles.

Here is the scenario: start car in morning in garage in Sport mode....let car warm up for about 5 minutes....back out and change to Drive...when starting out going forward, seems to be some slippage between first gear and second....it's ok further on up the gears.

Only happens when moving out for the first time and haven't tried it in any other mode.

Any suggestions? it will probably be another couple of weeks before it goes in for the 500 mile service.

Thanks for whatever info you may be able to provide.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The transmission is still in it's learning mode. When you take it in for service ask them to make sure the Firmware in the transmission control module is current and to perform the transmission learning procedure the new firmware provides and you should be good to go.

Or, just drive the car normally, not babying it (it won't break) and it should learn and adapt on it's own.

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
New 2016 ZO6 with A8....two weeks old and 250 miles.

Here is the scenario: start car in morning in garage in Sport mode....let car warm up for about 5 minutes....back out and change to Drive...when starting out going forward, seems to be some slippage between first gear and second....it's ok further on up the gears.

Only happens when moving out for the first time and haven't tried it in any other mode.

Any suggestions? it will probably be another couple of weeks before it goes in for the 500 mile service.

Thanks for whatever info you may be able to provide.
If I understand you post you start your car and let it sit ideling for 5 minutes before driving. I don't think that is necessary, especially in Florida, nor ideal for warming it up. It would probably be better to start and then drive moderately until your fluids are all at operating temperatures, perhaps 15 minutes of driving.

Reactions: Sauraus

·
Registered
36 Posts
Marty; Can you define "slipping" a bit more?
I guess the closest definition of 'slipping' would be that it feels that the gears are not engaged although the rpms are there....as if it were slipped into neutral for a second.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marty; Keep an eye on that. I was under the impression that the self learn mode was much reduced in the latter 2015's as there was a learning mode re-flash made available mid year 2015. I would have thought that this mode would be even shorter for the 2016's, but I guess we will have to wait and see. If you feel something is amiss take it in and get it checked out after you have several hundred miles on it and nothing changes. Of coarse if it become obvious that something is wrong (in your opinion) take it in @ that point. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm right with you, but my dealership has been giving me the run around. I have 15 issues with mine and Now still waiting on parts, a dash, steering wheel, melting seats and floor mats, paint discolored and fender damaged at delivery and transmission issues....still waiting for just one thing to be taken care of....so unhappy with my purchase and dealership making things worse.
Have calls into and open cases w GM, but still no buyback or even returning calls.

Any thoughts from anyone where to go from here?

Read owners manual and it states to go to BBB next....any help would be great....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update on my initial thread....no real change in the shifting pattern and service folk at the local dealership said it's adaptive and will eventually adapt, etc. So, I located a TSB issued in late 2014 on another forum to cover 2015 models that described my problem exactly and also covers other shifting irregularities. The procedure instructed the Tech to drive a certain number of miles in one gear and then in another to change the clutch patterns etc. and describes procedure to adjust shifting points etc. Then, I found a note on the same forum indicating that s later bulletin was published that instructed the Tech how to make the adjustments electronically by plugging in the computer. I had the done last month and it corrected the issue.

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
Update on my initial thread....no real change in the shifting pattern and service folk at the local dealership said it's adaptive and will eventually adapt, etc. So, I located a TSB issued in late 2014 on another forum to cover 2015 models that described my problem exactly and also covers other shifting irregularities. The procedure instructed the Tech to drive a certain number of miles in one gear and then in another to change the clutch patterns etc. and describes procedure to adjust shifting points etc. Then, I found a note on the same forum indicating that s later bulletin was published that instructed the Tech how to make the adjustments electronically by plugging in the computer. I had the done last month and it corrected the issue.
Glad you were able to work it out Marty. Did you check our thread http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-tsb-recalls/14064-going-summary-tsbs-model-year.html post #1? If you get a chance and don't find the TSB you located on our list, would you mind letting us know so we can add it? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMG_2763.jpg IMG_2764.jpg IMG_2765.jpg IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2767.jpg IMG_2768.jpg IMG_2769.jpg I purchased a 2016 C7 Stingray on February 5th. Drove it out of the showroom. The car had 4 miles on it. We live in NY. The roads were dry that day. The car has been tucked away since then. Three days after we got the car...I went out to the garage to admire it, when I noticed the burn marks all over my mufflers. Please note...this is our 6th. new Corvette. Never have I had such ugly mufflers right form the plant. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
luchana, welcome to our forum and congrats on your C7. What you are seeing are the welds and absolutely normal.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts