Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
took delivery of my Z51 about a week ago. at about 350 miles. noticed two minor issues...wheel alignment slightly pull to the right on the fwy. and a minor paint defect...small bump on left side of the hood ( have to really look at it closely to see it). any remedy? both should be cover by warranty? and does anyone else have that same issues? thanks

20140205_124720.jpg

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I've read where others have had their car pull. Some had their car re-aligned, while a couple had a defective tire replaced that fixed the problem. The bump you describe may be a panel issue, but check with your dealer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've read where others have had their car pull. Some had their car re-aligned, while a couple had a defective tire replaced that fixed the problem. The bump you describe may be a panel issue, but check with your dealer.
thanks. the pull is really light...only happens when i let go of the steering wheel that's when it slowly go to the right. as for the small bump, i will take it back to dealer and have them look at it.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
thanks. the pull is really light...only happens when i let go of the steering wheel that's when it slowly go to the right. as for the small bump, i will take it back to dealer and have them look at it.
Have them to align it. Even if it is only slightly out of alignment, you should not have to drive it that way. Also, just because it is in the "green" does not mean that it is as closely aligned as they can make it. If it is in "green" but still starts pulling after you release the wheel, it could either be a tire, or they could make the alignment closer to zero than it is now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have them to align it. Even if it is only slightly out of alignment, you should not have to drive it that way. Also, just because it is in the "green" does not mean that it is as closely aligned as they can make it. If it is in "green" but still starts pulling after you release the wheel, it could either be a tire, or they could make the alignment closer to zero than it is now.
good to know! thanks. I will let them know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently took mine in because of a slight pull to the right. Service department checked front end alignment and adjusted slightly but it was not really out of alignment. Service manager drove and felt it was resolved. My son-in-law went to pick up the car and stated it was still pulling to the right. So he took it back in and they rechecked the alignment and it was still aligned. So service manager felt it was a result of the tires really sticking to the road. Because of the the shape of the road it is causing a slight pull. The dealer had a new one on show room floor and took it out for drive to see how it responded and it did the same. Because I have not read much about it I felt I would comment here and hope that there would be others that have same issue and or suggestions to resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
If it is the roads, then take it to other roads. Not ALL roads are going to cause it to pull right (some might not pull, some might pull left, some might pull right). Also, the dealer took one from the showroom floor out and it pulled right, or you took it out and it pulled right? Even if it did and you know it to be true, all that might say is some Covettes are coming from the factory pulling right. If that is the case, align them all.

Finally, I can't stand a car that is not very well aligned. When I have an alignment done, I tell them up front this is a big pet peeve of mine, and just because it is in the green when they are done it may not be good enough for me. I make sure they understand and agree before they work on a car for me. When they are done and I drive away, about 1/4 of the time I end up back at the shop 5-10 minutes later saying it is not good enough. I usuall then get a ride-along with the tech who did the alignment, show him what is happening, and then let him have a go of it again. Only once was it not perfect after the second try.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I recently took mine in because of a slight pull to the right. Service department checked front end alignment and adjusted slightly but it was not really out of alignment. Service manager drove and felt it was resolved. My son-in-law went to pick up the car and stated it was still pulling to the right. So he took it back in and they rechecked the alignment and it was still aligned. So service manager felt it was a result of the tires really sticking to the road. Because of the the shape of the road it is causing a slight pull. The dealer had a new one on show room floor and took it out for drive to see how it responded and it did the same. Because I have not read much about it I felt I would comment here and hope that there would be others that have same issue and or suggestions to resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
these super sport tires are like that. have a set on my other car, did the same exact thing...going to get P zero next time...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Z51 Auto trans. Picked it up on Dec 24, have about 2200 miles on it now. Love the car. About several weeks ago, I noticed that from a cold start, I put it into Reverse to back out of my garage and nothing happened. Like it was in neutral. Let it warm up a bit and put it in reverse again, and it worked. It happened again a couple of weeks ago, same thing. Was in reverse and it wasn't moving. Gave it some gas and it made a "clunk" sounds like it went into gear and jumped into reverse. So for the past few weeks, I let the car warm up before backing out of my garage. Thought that was the issue. Today, when I went to back out of the garage, thought I warmed it up, but guess not. Same things happened in Reverse. So was curious, and tried putting it in Drive, and same thing, no movement, like it was in neutral. Put it in reverse and gave it some gas and it finally engaged "clunk" and backed up. Called my sales rep today and left a message. I'm going to call another dealership that is closer to home tomorrow and see if they can check it out. Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?

Also, Tire temp always at warm. Even though it was really, really cold outside. It always seems to stay at warm. Do I need a reflash of some sort or sensors bad?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a Z51 Auto trans. Picked it up on Dec 24, have about 2200 miles on it now. Love the car. About several weeks ago, I noticed that from a cold start, I put it into Reverse to back out of my garage and nothing happened. Like it was in neutral. Let it warm up a bit and put it in reverse again, and it worked. It happened again a couple of weeks ago, same thing. Was in reverse and it wasn't moving. Gave it some gas and it made a "clunk" sounds like it went into gear and jumped into reverse. So for the past few weeks, I let the car warm up before backing out of my garage. Thought that was the issue. Today, when I went to back out of the garage, thought I warmed it up, but guess not. Same things happened in Reverse. So was curious, and tried putting it in Drive, and same thing, no movement, like it was in neutral. Put it in reverse and gave it some gas and it finally engaged "clunk" and backed up. Called my sales rep today and left a message. I'm going to call another dealership that is closer to home tomorrow and see if they can check it out. Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?

Also, Tire temp always at warm. Even though it was really, really cold outside. It always seems to stay at warm. Do I need a reflash of some sort or sensors bad?

Thanks all!
Has to be under 30° for a lil while for tire to show cold. Also have to drive like 100 yards for it to read and show correct temp.

Its been 60 and higher in Florida

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
... Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?...
Jay; I have not heard of the issue you describe. I think it would be a good idea to let a dealer with "trained" C7 tech look it over. If your not getting a CEL on the dash I suspect it is something more than low fluid level, but let them check it out and let us know what they tell you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, ok...I was noticing this a few weeks ago when we were in the 40s here, so if it needs to be in the 30s before it reads Cold, then that's the answer! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jay; I have not heard of the issue you describe. I think it would be a good idea to let a dealer with "trained" C7 tech look it over. If your not getting a CEL on the dash I suspect it is something more than low fluid level, but let them check it out and let us know what they tell you.
Chip,
I spoke with the dealer today. I'm bringing the vette in tomorrow for them to take a look at it. Hope they figure it out and are able to reproduce it while the car is there. I'm not getting any warnings/alert on the dash. Will keep you all posted on what they find! Thanks for the responses!
Jay

41 - 60 of 574 Posts