Stingray Corvette Forum banner

581 - 584 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly you may have to try and adjust how you are getting in or perhaps out of the car. I have noticed that if I do not make a concentrated effort to avoid dragging my body across the seat bolsters I drag my body across them. That will just wear on them over time. You didn't mention which type seats you have . Mine are the competition seats and it's just the nature of the car and the seat. Especially if you can't get the door swung all the way open and you are trying to squeeze into a half open door.
I also added a terry cloth cover to mine and try to make sure the side bolsters are protected when i do have to squeeze in.
Mine is base line Stingray. Nothing special. I am really disappointed in the way the car is made with some really cheap parts. It's just the way things are done now. Still love the car. Went to a show today and got lots of compliments on it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yep. Certainly get that. I've owned a lot of automobiles in my lifetime and my C7 stands out by quite a bit in all round smiles per gallon. I think most would say if you consider the price point of these cars and what you get it's a bargain.
Even with all that it's still mass produced and there will be some failures or complaint of parts failure. Gives us an excuse to modify and improve them and make them better .
I'm guessing if this is your first Corvette it won't be your last.
Happy motoring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BAD Infotainment Screen on 2014 Stingray

Good thing I bought the GMPP extended warranty!

My infotainment screen went totally black one day in June when I started the car after lunch. It had been parked outside a restaurant on a hot day here in Raleigh, NC. Although the screen was black, all the non-visible buttons worked, if I remembered where they were. The next day the screen was fine. Then it happened again a few days later. Then OK, then bad, etc.

I finally figured out that lowering and raising the screen, would cause the problem to return, so I made an appointment at the local dealer here in Raleigh I take all my cars to, and the service advisor assured me they knew exactly what it was and how to fix it. Two days after I dropped it off, they called me and I picked up the car and sure enough, it was fine. Until I drove down the road a few miles and lowered the screen to put away my sunglasses. That did it! Black screen, although it alternated between flickering, or all black, or sometimes it was even working. Seems like this dealer did NOT exactly test the unit very well.

So I called to tell then it was NOT fixed and made a second appointment. Now it's been in for exactly one week "waiting for parts." Today they called to say the screen is backordered and won't be in until early October, at least another two weeks to wait. So "please come back and get your car so you can keep it garaged at your house, and we'll call you when the screen comes in".

They've been very courteous, I asked and got loaners both times, but I think this is total BS. Yes, they either reset or replaced my original screen, because all the stations and destinations were gone. So somebody there does not know what is happening with those screens. Or they do not know how to change the connectors, the cable, whatever.

I love this car (less than 11,000 miles on it), but this experience has left a really bad taste. It will be at least 5 weeks before it gets fixed.

Any suggestions? :nightmare: :nightmare:

Thanks.
A follow up... FIXED!!
The original dealer in NW Raleigh failed to fix it twice, then told me to bring it in a third time. Then they postponed the third appt until a week later "because we are so busy" hoping I'd give up on them altogether. I did bring it in a third time and again they said it was fixed, but it was not at all. Like "fake news" in politics.

I called the Chevrolet Customer Service Number and (to shorten the story) they told me to take it to another dealer. I went to the dealer just south of Raleigh (BIG Corvette seller, but almost an hour away) and sure enough, THEY FIXED IT and charged the GMPP just two hours, although I had to wait an extra day for parts to arrive. They even cleaned up sloppy mounting of some of the fascia by the first dealer.

I am now finally a happy Chevrolet customer again!

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
JerseyHiker, glad to read that you finally got it resolved with the help of Chev Customer Service and a new dealer!

581 - 584 of 584 Posts