Stingray Corvette Forum banner

81 - 100 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Make sure the tranny is flushed, and the filter changed before they give it back to you. I would hope that is standard practice, but it can't hurt to question if it was done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just got back from visiting my C7 in the bay of the dealership. Got some neat photos and will try to post same. I expected to see a part - a steel part or some such thing - with a crack or break or issue. Instead, I saw what looked like a circuit board. That was the culprit! Saw the gasket that supposedly no body has in stock. I will try to post pix...
This is the valve body that failed:
IMG_1035.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here is the gasket:
(Below it is the cover)
IMG_1034.JPG

·
Registered
103 Posts
A few more shots of my baby...
IMG_1033.jpg IMG_1036.jpg

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dang, that has to be painful to endure.

But I'm sure she'll come out better than new!

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dang, that has to be painful to endure.

But I'm sure she'll come out better than new!

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **
It is given that my order was June 18th and I didn't get it until March 1st.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Nope. May be a couple weeks they said.
Sorry to hear that! I have to wonder if they could have gotten a new tranny any sooner? A couple of weeks of waiting time for a gasket seems wrong to me. Did they give you any indication that this gasket had become a "fleet" problem area and that the gasket you are waiting for is a newly redesigned gasket / part?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just got back from visiting my C7 in the bay of the dealership. Got some neat photos and will try to post same. I expected to see a part - a steel part or some such thing - with a crack or break or issue. Instead, I saw what looked like a circuit board. That was the culprit! Saw the gasket that supposedly no body has in stock. I will try to post pix...
This is the valve body that failed:
View attachment 4782
was it the separator plate, or one of the gaskets that are on each side of it that failed? were there check balls jammed in the holes of the separator plate? if so, there is a bigger issue at play, and hopefully they aren't just treating the symptom, rather than the cause.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They showed me the test page and where the Valve Body failed. Two folks from Bowling Green are the ones who diagnosed the problem. I'm told it was the valve body. They do not want to use the same gasket, but there are no new gaskets available. Hubby called GM in BG and said they obviously have them if they're still building, but they were little help.

I don't think they'd minimize the problem. At least I got the windshield replaced already. (original was defective)

·
Registered
480 Posts
What was wrong with the windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
103 Posts
What was wrong with the windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
There was a bubble in the upper left tinted part of the windshield. Looked terrible. Personally, I think QC should have picked up on that. I have photo of it, but it's hard to see with the glare.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Took delivery Saturday (3/1/14). Car has 33 miles on it. Transmission gone. Well not totally, but it won't move forward or reverse w/o going heavy on the throttle. Thumps into and out of gears (1st and 2nd). Managed to get her to the service bay and they couldn't figure out what it could be. Stuck brake? Tranny? 7 hours later they are "guessing" transmission. It limped around the service bay area about 4 times and they could not get it to move without going heavy on the throttle then it moved at a snails pace with engine revving. I ordered this car on Jun 18th and can't tell you the negative issues surrounding it. Build date: Jan 23rd. Dealer got it March 1st. I brought it home late afternoon March 1st. They said they'll probably need the car for 2 or 3 days. Also, the windshield needs to be replaced - defective, but that's minor compared to the transmission.

2LT, 6 speed paddle, Z51.
sorry to hear. hope they can get it resolve quickly!

·
Registered
103 Posts
was it the separator plate, or one of the gaskets that are on each side of it that failed? were there check balls jammed in the holes of the separator plate? if so, there is a bigger issue at play, and hopefully they aren't just treating the symptom, rather than the cause.
It was the actual Valve Body. The mechanic pointed to the sections of it that failed. The computer test was very specific. Even so, they (folks at Bowling Green) opened an tracking ID on it. I hope that's not a bad sign!

The gasket was not the problem. I'm told they do not reuse gaskets lest they have leak issues. They want a brand new gasket. They already have the Valve Body. My sales rep said the service folks expect the gasket today (Monday). Dare I hope to have my C7 back this evening????

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for the same issue. Hatch not easy to close without window open. They replaced the vent, but it didn't help. They then said that it is normal to have to push the hatch closed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The good news is I picked up my 1st ever Corvette (CYBER GREY, 2LT, NON Z51, NPP, NAV, 6SP AUTO) from the dealership on 2/28 after initially placing my order on 1/17. Drove it straight from the dealership to a detail shop about 60 miles away to put XPEL PPF on the front end along with getting some other cosmetic word done to it. On 3/7 I was able to pick it up and finally take it home to enjoy! I drove it all weekend putting about 330 miles on it and loved every mile of it!! Now the bad news, last night while driving home from getting something to eat I noticed the malfunction indicator lamp was on. When I got home I got on here and another forum to see if this had happen to anyone else with no such luck. I went to my garage and called OnStar with the car engine running to see if they could run a diagnostic and tell me what they found. The lady ran the diagnostic and told me that there was a malfunction with the cooling fan system and power train system. At that time I got a warning on my dash telling me that the engine was overheating and to turn it off.
With only 398 miles on it I was still in the process of "breaking in" the engine so I have been mindful not to exceed 4500 rpms and avoid any excessive acceleration. Looking back now I have noticed on different occcastions the engine seemed to give off a little heat when I walked by the front on my way inside the house with a slight smell of oil but I thought this was natural considering I had just taken it for an hour long drive. I should state that I know little to nothing about engines so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to engines and thinking that that might be a normal feel or smell. One thing that I did that I found a bit odd was when I was had it in my garage and I was showing a friend of mine the car early that day, I turned on the car and rev'd up the engine a few times using my hand (I was in my dirty work close and didn't want to sit on the seats to use my foot) so I couldn't see the RPMs. While doing this I gave it a good rev and the engine just cut off and I have no idea why or if that might be related to the problem im not experiencing????
Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have an idea of what it could be? I had it loaded on a flatbed this morning and delivered to a local dealership to have them take a look at it bc I didn't want to risk driving it and potentially doing more damage to the engine. I am currently waiting for the dealership to call me. I will update this post as this issue gets addressed and resolved by the dealership.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's an issue I'm having with the SD card. I cannot advance or go back to the next song unless my music is playing from an album. If I'm playing an individual song I cannot advance or reverse to the next songs. Shuffle will only work if I'm playing from an album but will not go to to a different artist unless I manually get it through the screen. I play the card on my home computer and it plays perfectly.Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
booie

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The good news is I picked up my 1st ever Corvette (CYBER GREY, 2LT, NON Z51, NPP, NAV, 6SP AUTO) from the dealership on 2/28 after initially placing my order on 1/17. Drove it straight from the dealership to a detail shop about 60 miles away to put XPEL PPF on the front end along with getting some other cosmetic word done to it. On 3/7 I was able to pick it up and finally take it home to enjoy! I drove it all weekend putting about 330 miles on it and loved every mile of it!! Now the bad news, last night while driving home from getting something to eat I noticed the malfunction indicator lamp was on. When I got home I got on here and another forum to see if this had happen to anyone else with no such luck. I went to my garage and called OnStar with the car engine running to see if they could run a diagnostic and tell me what they found. The lady ran the diagnostic and told me that there was a malfunction with the cooling fan system and power train system. At that time I got a warning on my dash telling me that the engine was overheating and to turn it off.
With only 398 miles on it I was still in the process of "breaking in" the engine so I have been mindful not to exceed 4500 rpms and avoid any excessive acceleration. Looking back now I have noticed on different occcastions the engine seemed to give off a little heat when I walked by the front on my way inside the house with a slight smell of oil but I thought this was natural considering I had just taken it for an hour long drive. I should state that I know little to nothing about engines so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to engines and thinking that that might be a normal feel or smell. One thing that I did that I found a bit odd was when I was had it in my garage and I was showing a friend of mine the car early that day, I turned on the car and rev'd up the engine a few times using my hand (I was in my dirty work close and didn't want to sit on the seats to use my foot) so I couldn't see the RPMs. While doing this I gave it a good rev and the engine just cut off and I have no idea why or if that might be related to the problem im not experiencing????
Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have an idea of what it could be? I had it loaded on a flatbed this morning and delivered to a local dealership to have them take a look at it bc I didn't want to risk driving it and potentially doing more damage to the engine. I am currently waiting for the dealership to call me. I will update this post as this issue gets addressed and resolved by the dealership.
Hard to say. Let me ask a few questions... After it shut down what was the warning light for?(maybe an over rev shut down?) Would it restart? Were there any oil spots under it after it was removed?

81 - 100 of 584 Posts