Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread

261K views 600 replies 181 participants last post by  JCar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
At the request of several of you... This will get all of the issues together in one location and allow other owners and would be owners to learn about the issues that owners are experiencing or discovering.

What's allowed:

Factual accounts of issues you encounter as a real owner of a real car. Provide as much detail, pictures, and documentation as you are able to talk about the issue.

Factual accounts or updates regarding resolution of issues that you or your dealer provided to solve a problem with your Stingray. If you solve a problem and post a separate update, please edit your original post that it was resolved and reference the post with the update if possible.

What's not allowed (This will be strictly enforced):

Anecdotal comments about first year models.
Comments about other model year Corvettes (even if they may relate to current equipment.)
Stories or issues you read about on other forums.
Posting about a problem "your friend" had with their car.
Posting that "your car is fine" or "I didn't have that problem."

The intent of this thread is to collect data and provide information for people who own a 2014 Corvette Stingray. Hopefully we will see both problems and resolutions and allow a place for folks to learn how to deal with issues that they encounter. If you can provide content information (equipment group, options, etc.) about your car that would be welcome. If you can provide photos of the issue or video of the behavior, that would be welcome. If are willing to post your VIN number, that would be helpful so that others with VIN's in a nearby range can relate.

Let's see if we can keep this thread on topic and make it a useful place for new and would be owners to learn what is going on.

See less See more
#132 ·
Cool. Whatever happens, please send a message to Chip and let him know. He keeps track of all of these things for the forum.

#134 ·
Good luck, booie!

#136 ·
So I had detailed my issues on the "she died" thread with the engine failure at 350 miles. I called and spoke with Tom at GM on 4/15. I explained to him my hesitation with the new engine replacement and wanted to know how GM planned to make this situation "right". He said he would work with my dealer and they would contact me. I called today since I had not heard anything and was told by the dealer that my engine was out and my car "should" be done by Wednesday. If true that would be a full 15 days without the car. When I asked about compensation of some sort they offered nothing. I called Tom back at GM and left him two voicemails and he has not called me back. At least I got a beat to crap Altima loaner.

#140 ·
That's just not right. GM needs to focus on understanding how to treat customers. It's about feeling like you matter. The no-call-backs are appalling.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

#145 ·
Mine pulls to the right also. Took it to the dealer, they did an alignment and took it out for a test drive and they said that it was fixed but it's not.
When I questioned them they said that the pull I had was because of the crown of the road. I tried to explain to them that if I drive down the center or the left of the crown it should not still pull to the right. Tech was gone when I picked up the car so headed back next week to see what they can do to fix the problem.

#146 ·
Tell them to stop the foolishness about the road crown. Use another car which is properly-aligned, find a road which is flat where the properly-aligned car does not pull, then tell the service advisor you want him to ride with you in a properly-aligned car on a road which causes no pull. Then tell him you will then take him on a ride in your pulling Corvette on the same road. Either he can say, "Okay, you win, I will fix this" or do exactly that: take him on two rides in two cars over the same stretch of road.

The nonsense about improper alignment being a road crown needs to be snuffed out from service advisers' vocabularies...

#147 ·
Home link Buttons stick down..
My buttons on my visor failed at about 100 miles. Dealership has since replaced the visor this week The buttons stick down and stay down from one hour to a week ... After the visor was replaced I had to reprogram it... and it looks like a different type of switch..

#149 ·
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system
Auto part Automotive tire Photography Wheel Machine

While changing the oil today I noticed that The hydraulic tensioner is leaking oil at 1,000 miles. Car 8500 off of the line. I will have to take it to the dealer. The question I have is, do they have a newly designed tensioner? Or was it just a bad batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

#150 ·
I have not seen any info. to indicate that GM has upgraded the part, or changed it. It is hard to know if this part is part of a bad batch, or just a faulty design. See if you can find out the part no. for your replacement tensioner, as this will help us in the future if and when the part is updated. It has become an issue for more than a few owners. There is a PI bulletin on this problem now, I suspect it will not be long before there will be a TSB for it. Good luck!

#151 ·
I am new to this forum also... bought a '14 2LT Z51 back in January, about 2k miles on it and just had to have a new Radiator put in my Z51 ... small pool of pink coolant in garage every night... VIN .... last 4 digits ... 1594. Seems to be ok now, but only had it back for 1 day. Rick Hendrick Chevy was able to get the radiator from their warehouse overnight and it was ready by 1:30 the next day after taking in.

#168 ·
Just took my C7 in because of red drips on the garage floor, increasing over the past few weeks. The Chevy dealer found a small pin hole or crack in the radiator. They think, at this point, the fittings were over torqued at the assembly plant. The new radiator is being brought in from another dealer and I should have her back by Monday.

Michael

#153 ·
Just noticed a problem with my temperature gage today. The gage on the right came up to temp right away. Then I noticed the small gage next to the tac was still on cold. As I continued to drive, it slowly started to move. As it moved, it moved in a jerky kind of motion, like it was hanging up on something. After 15 or so minutes, it finally got up to normal, the same as the larger gage. Has anybody experienced this behavior?

#154 · (Edited)
They are not measuring the same things. The smaller interior one is oil temperature and the outer, larger one is water temperature. The water temp comes up faster when your car is cold than does the oil temperature. Tachometer Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument Vehicle

Reactions: Dread Red
#156 ·
Most welcome Racerbob. Others have wondered the same thing.

#164 ·
Infotainment system AC not responding

Have 2LT Z51 with 4500 miles that was delivered in October 2013. Have been driving around with top off this summer. Two times now the AC and infotainment system buttons failed to respond after starting car and driving for a few minutes. The infotainment system functioned normally as did the AC and seat cooling buttons, but after a few miles the AC buttons were unlit and infotainment screen would not respond to touch. Both times after parked car in garage for a couple hours they would go back to operating normally again.

#165 ·
C7HEAVEN, there are a couple of software updates that probably will resolve your issues. Take it into your dealer when you can.

#167 · (Edited)
Was at my dealer today for the brake squeal issue. Had a copy of the PI0917B. The tech showed me that two days ago, on or about 06-17-14, the C7 Corvette was removed from that bulletin. A new bulletin was issued that day for the C7 alone. That new bulletin caused the tech to order new front brake pads and one other item. I did not get a copy of the bulletin. My invoice says: "7219 ISP. 3955 sop as per doc 3940831." Just checked in the TSB/Recalls section where only the staff can post, and did not see a new bulletin posted on this. But thanks to that TSB section and this forum, I'm finally getting that unpleasant brake squeal fixed. Yay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.