Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 600 Posts

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the first picture of a 2015 Z06 in Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic -- so says AutoEvolution. We do not know yet whether this is photoshopped or for real, but as it is "somewhat lighter and brighter" than the 2005-2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic, it is consistent with GM using those exact words to describe the color. Is it real??? Until we get an official GM picture, at least it is a start.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've seen this somewhere else and it was described as a likely representation or something like that but not the real deal. May be close though. Like it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here's the first picture of a 2015 Z06 in Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic -- so says AutoEvolution. We do not know yet whether this is photoshopped or for real, but as it is "somewhat lighter and brighter" than the 2005-2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic, it is consistent with GM using those exact words to describe the color. Is it real??? Until we get an official GM picture, at least it is a start.

My first impression was not positive. Then I looked at Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic and Atomic Orange in a photo side by side. This photo to be specific:

DCP_0366.jpg

I think I prefer Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic now. That is if this photo turns out to be accurate.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Going to keep an eye on this thread! ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The problem is orange is one of those colors that is hard to photograph and needs sun. Also a shade or two difference can make or break the color. It's one I would be interested in but would have to see it in person.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The problem is orange is one of those colors that is hard to photograph and needs sun. Also a shade or two difference can make or break the color. It's one I would be interested in but would have to see it in person.
I remember when we first got wind of LRG color. The first pictures seemed to be different in each of them because of the different lighting conditions. I am not a big fan of orange as far as owning that color, but would like to see it on other's cars.

·
Registered
765 Posts
In the absences of a GM official color chip or picture, might this be Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic? When I posted this picture from the Bash, everyone, including me, thought it was my cell phone camera changing a Torch Red car to orange. Since then, many folks, some with real expensive cameras, have posted their pictures of this GM screen shot, and every picture is showing it as orange. Is this possibly Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic?

Definitely looks more orange than red. Sure hope this pans out as I prefer it to the image in the first post.

Initially I liked that orange in the first post but after a few days of thinking about it, it's too red for my taste.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Yeah, check out the color of the calipers. There will be no orange calipers. So, you know those calipers are red. Now compare the calipers to the color of the car. You see the car is the same color. Therefore, the car is torch red, and the illusion of orange is just the camera settings.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't know if this photo is legitimate or not but check out this YouTube video:

The segment in question is at 4:08 in the video where the host shows a photo of the C7 in DSOM. I have no idea what his source is or if it is reliable, but it's interesting. I was somewhat entertained by his reaction to the color, he doesn't sound too enthused.

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good find! It could be Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, in that the color shown above is, as GM has stated, a little lighter and brighter than Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This thread has died. 2015 pricing is out. Tiger shark gray has been photographed in the wild. Where are the official or unofficial photos of DSOM? Has anyone even seen this color yet?

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We did learn that last night that Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic will cost an extra $495, but, sorry, no GM pictures, not even a paint chip. Hearing rumblings that the delay on this color will not be at least four more weeks (as we saw yesterday on the constraint report), but at least two months. Adding in production time, shipping time, doubt a single customer will be see this color before October, perhaps not until November.

Sorry! Might this cause anyone to reconsider ordering this color?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Perhaps it's a really difficult color to get right? I wonder if they will test spray a few 2015 mules? If so, maybe someone will be able to snap a spy shot.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Perhaps it's a really difficult color to get right? I wonder if they will test spray a few 2015 mules? If so, maybe someone will be able to snap a spy shot.
But at this point, since it is a new color, there is no "right" or wrong. They haven't even released a paint chip. So, any orange color can become the "correct" standard. Just paint something, and say, "This is it." That would be correct, as long as they were consistent from there on out.

My guess is there is something more than this going on. Maybe they can't get it to be consistent? Maybe they are having supplier problems on getting the paint? Maybe it is a contract issue with the paint supplier trying to milk GM, and GM is having none of it and being forced to start from scratch with a different supplier. Maybe GM is just delaying the availability for other reasons by choice. Who knows? It could be one (or more) of a hundred reasons...

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Haha, maybe the Orange Peel of the new Orange is severe. :) I just couldn't resist...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
But at this point, since it is a new color, there is no "right" or wrong. They haven't even released a paint chip. So, any orange color can become the "correct" standard...
Rodney; You can be well assured that there are hand painted test panels residing within the confines of BG's paint lab. They have a specific expectation of what it should look like and I would guess they have been unable to duplicate it through the plant's automated paint line. I'll leave the OP comment alone, but...;)

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
I'm sure you are right, Chip.

1 - 20 of 600 Posts
About this Discussion
599 Replies
111 Participants
blu2k
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing