Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there folks,

I'm going to use this thread to organize the group buy for the custom fender flares were getting ready to get into develpment.

In order to make this happen, we need a total of 10 people interested in this project. Pricing will be an introductory price of $1250 for the set in Carbon Fiber, with a list price of $1800 once the buy ends, and $800 for the group buy in painted fiberglass (CFM),with a list price of $1250 once the group buy.

I'll be posting development photos as it comes online.

Also, for anyone interested in a matching Aero System, I'll be putting together a discount package on them for the Group Buy members, so you can double up on the savings.

All we need is for the interested parties to send me their contact info and a $100 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the purchase price. (We're looking to absorb the development costs, but need to have these first 10 lined up in order to have it make sense.)

We also can't afford 20 people to say "I want a set", then flake out after they're ready to go, obviously.

So anyway, there it is. You know the quality and fitment to expect, and we're looking to cut out the corvette tax and bring down the pricing, so everyone wins.

We've got a few committed buyers already and I'll update the thread with those names tomrrow.

Thanks in advance everyone. These will come together pretty quickly, so let's do this!

Thanks!

AE

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Carbon Fiber:
1. Carlos: the man, the myth, the legend.

Fiberglass, Carbon Flash Metallic
1. PhilH20S

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update:

We're going to make available both full fender flares AND full length (complete wheel well) Z06 style spats.

I'll get some development pics up tomorrow when I get to the office. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really like the idea and am planning to replace the factory flares and order a complete aero kit but I have to see the end product before I commit.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Alan, as we discussed, I am interested in seeing various photographs of the finished product installed on a Z06, along with the measurements I requested.

Reactions: G3Carbon

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alan, as we discussed, I am interested in seeing various photographs of the finished product installed on a Z06, along with the measurements I requested.
Once we get the first set popped out, I'll share the messurements here and send the data to you directly. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey hey, its January and from what I've heard, that means only 4 more months until I can order the 2017 model. Fender Flares for my front and rear are one of the many mods that I have in mind.

Few questions to start:
1) Do they come painted in carbon flash (to match the side skirts)
2) Are they the z06 style side skirts, but full wheel coverage? I saw a picture earlier of the flares, but it looks like it overlaps into the front light; didn't like that.
3) Do you sell them for both front and rear tires (If not, are they interchangeable aka Are the fenders same size?)

Reactions: G3Carbon

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey hey, its January and from what I've heard, that means only 4 more months until I can order the 2017 model. Fender Flares for my front and rear are one of the many mods that I have in mind.

Few questions to start:
1) Do they come painted in carbon flash (to match the side skirts)
2) Are they the z06 style side skirts, but full wheel coverage? I saw a picture earlier of the flares, but it looks like it overlaps into the front light; didn't like that.
3) Do you sell them for both front and rear tires (If not, are they interchangeable aka Are the fenders same size?)
I'm hoping to have development completed in the next two weeks. Me having been on vacation last week basically shut the place down, save for some already ordered parts in the system. No additional development work was in process. (this is also why I haven't taken any deposits on these systems.)

To answer your questions:

1. The base configuration is fiberglass painted carbon flash metallic, specifically designed to match the existing trim.
2. These are a custom designed hybrid of the factory pieces OR a full and stand-alone flare system. They will not overlap the front light. The development pics show the work before we cut out the marker light provisions.
3. They are each specific to the respective wheel location. They are not interchangeable.

:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A friend of mine is looking for some for his C6. Do you or do you know of anyone that makes them for C6s? Thanks.
We don't... yet.

I just picked up a 2009 ZO6 to make custom side skirts, a front splitter, rear spoiler, and se custom fender flares.

That development is next up, once we get these C7 pieces banged out. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts