Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Kalahairi interior color has been shown in so many pictures inaccurately. This embarassingly started when, at the time of the January Reveal, GM's seat color initial representation reversed the Kalahairi and the Brownstone seats. Since then, there have been many other pictures which show it 1) "too light/washed out,"; 2) "too dark -- as in GM's initial high resolution pictures released at that same time; and, 3) many non-GM pictures showing it "way more orange" in tone than it actually is when you see it in person. Admittedly, like many reds, Kalahairi is a very difficult picture to show in a "color tone accurate" mode. However, in an attempt to compile the best Kalahairi pictures, as folks are genuinely and appropriately concerned about ordering that color if they have not seen it in person, I have therefore compiled this following pictures that I believe most accurately represent Kalahairi "color tone."

Thank you in advance for adding other pictures that accurately reflect what your eyes saw when you stood next to a Kalahairi interior in a C7.

2LT Kalahairi:

3LT Kalahairi:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Porsche owners who ordered the Beige full leather interior have complained about front windshield glare because the Beige color is too light. The Porsche Beige is more sand colored than Kalahari so it will be interesting to see if Kalahari creates glare in 3LT form.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a good post. Interesting. I have an Acura will a full dash wrap that is a medium tan, a little dark darker than Kalahairi. No glare there. Hopefully Kalahairi is dark enough to also have no glare. With two friends in Florida getting their Kalahairi 3LT cars in three weeks or so, and with all the sunshine there, we will know fairly soon.

Maybe compounding factors (yeah or may) are the glass' composition, whether is has any glare inhibitors built into it, and the windshield angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts