Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The official color GM sometimes uses for the C7's gray interior is "medium gray" but it is far from a medium gray color. Also, GM's initial seat renderings showed a medium-colored gray seat. It is a gorgeous gray (have seen it in person), but a very, very light gray as per the following pictures. Posting for those who are thinking of using your C7 as a daily driver, yet might not want to be on top of keeping the interior looking its best with repeated applications of leather cleaner, leather conditioner, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The official color GM sometimes uses for the C7's gray interior is "medium gray" but it is far from a medium gray color. Also, GM's initial seat renderings showed a medium-colored gray seat. It is a gorgeous gray (have seen it in person), but a very, very light gray as per the following pictures. Posting for those who are thinking of using your C7 as a daily driver, yet might not want to be on top of keeping the interior looking its best with repeated applications of leather cleaner, leather conditioner, etc.

So, on a 1LT car the only thing that would be the lt grey are the seats? correct?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This picture shows the 1LT gray interior. The gray in this picture is a little lighter than it really is. See post #5 above for an accurate "color tone rendition" of what the gray looks like.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just not liking the color on the dash and stuff, I really like the 1LT interior better. :)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Me too, I'm thinking Cyber Gray with Gray interior. I'm still on the fence about red calipers or black, I'm looking for low key elegance not in your face.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Me too, I'm thinking Cyber Gray with Gray interior. I'm still on the fence about red calipers or black, I'm looking for low key elegance not in your face.
If you're getting silver wheels black calipers would be nice but if you're getting black wheels then red calipers because the black wheels and calipers would blend together.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If you're getting silver wheels black calipers would be nice but if you're getting black wheels then red calipers because the black wheels and calipers would blend together.
Agreed but I'm not into solid black wheels. I plan on getting the factory silver wheels (Z51) refinished in a gloss gunmetal or black chrome finish assuming I don't just replace them all together.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I really love this color on the seat, but I am wondering about the carpet.

Also, does anyone have more pictures of the gray interior to share here? What about gray interior dash and instrument panel photos, especially for the 3LT?

Thank you in advance!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here you go. While in some pictures, due to "picture exposure," the gray can appear to be almost white in color, it is definitely a gray, albeit a light gray, and a beautiful one when seen in person. Some have put black StingRay floor mats on the carpet to deal with possible staining issues.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts