Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To compile various previous, current and future "Z06 unique dark gray interior" pictures and videos in one place, for easy retrieval by all. Here's a new video of the interior (best enjoyed by turning the sound off), and some previous pictures.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Z06 dark gray interior ordering option codes:

121 = No suede seat inserts, for 1LZ;
123 = No suede seat inserts, for 2LZ;
125 = No suede seat inserts, for 3LZ.

124 = Suede seat inserts, for 2LZ;
126 = Suede seat inserts, for 3LZ.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are GM Z06 Dark Gray interior renderings. Note, for those who actually are ordering this interior, your WorkBench order will label it GM's internal color descriptor, "Dark Galvanized.

Have seen it in person, and while these rendering are interesting as to color coverage, in person looks identical to the first two actual pictures in the first, not "glossy" as it does in these renderings.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Agreed Bob, and it is, in person, a DARK gray. Keep seeing "washed out pictures" of the Dark Galvanized Z06 gray interior that are incorrect. Many remember the light-red and even pink photos 1 1/2 years ago of Adrenaline Red, and how many of us were frustrated with them -- as they were not accurate color tone renderings of Adrenaline Red.

Same here, do not order Galvanized Gray if you are wanting a medium-colored gray. Order Z06 gray if you want a dark gray exactly like this repeat picture.

Have seen this exact interior in person, and, before posting this, I checked with others who also saw it either at Carlisle or NCM, that this is the same "color tone accurate" gray that they too saw. They also agree.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Thank you for the information, John. This dark gray is way darker than what I wish it were. I like the "washed out" gray pictures so much better. :(

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One of the reasons I like it dark gray, and not trying to convince anyone, just help those who have not seen it in person, is that, like many, am not in love with the "driver focused" interior, especially not with a lighter color. Reason: Around the instrument panel, with a light interior color, it's difference from the surrounding black dash is pretty vivid/sticks out. Conversely, with a darker color next to the black dash, it becomes an accenting difference rather than a stark difference. Three the five Z06 interiors are pretty dark in color; the fourth one is the perennial favorite interior color "black." Interesting how many, when they saw the Z's driver focused interior, have changed their interior color preference to black -- admittedly to avoid "side to side" and/or "dash color differences" present in other interior colors.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Yes, I am one of those guys who likes lots of bright splashes of color.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Now I'm totally confused. Okay, Post #4 says "Dark Gray" or "Dark Galvanized." But in Post #6 it actually appears "Black..." So, the Dark Gray or Dark Galvanized appears more like Post #6 or Black? Is there actually a gray interior that appears like Post #4? If so, what's that one called? And in Post #4, is that Napa or Mulan leather?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
GM loves to tell us customers one name for a color, then have a different internal name for all their documents. For example we call the paint color "Shark Gray" and GM calls it on their internal documents "Fusion Gray." We call it (as we were taught) Dark Gray, yet on GM's documents, such as the WorkBench Order, it is a called "Dark Galvanized." Same items, with different names.

If you like the picture in post # 6, order it; it you do not like, please pick another interior option.

Also, if you want another person's perspective on this, whether someone else thinks this is an accurate color assessment, please see this post/thread. [email protected] has also seen the dark gray interior at Carlisle and concurs that the picture is an accurate assessment of what he saw.

Post # 24, this thread:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...videos/4734-assorted-z06-interior-pics-3.html

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow..... I'm really confused :confused: I guess I need to see them for myself to know
for sure.. The gray in post 13 is much lighter than what I want. I have some time to figure
it out as my car will be ordered in the second consensus.
Derik

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...6-laguna-blue-picture-thread-2.html#post75334

The photo of the Laguna Blue at Carlisle shows the Dark Gray interior and the seats are a lighter color at least in this photo. Two tone appearance.
This is the only gray for the Z06.

I suspect the "Blue" Z06 specific interior will be the same with the seats a lighter blue than the rendering shows.

View attachment 12625
This looks like the photo I took at Carlisle. Don't go by my photo for color as my camera didn't capture it correctly. You can see the dash is darker than the seats. My flash may have gone off washing out the color.

·
Registered
718 Posts
This looks like the photo I took at Carlisle. Don't go by my photo for color as my camera didn't capture it correctly. You can see the dash is darker than the seats. My flash may have gone off washing out the color.

The important part is that the interior is two tone. See the dash surround vs the trim...much lighter and the same as the seats. This is not the only picture that shows this two tone look and it also matches the above samples for the gray (galvanized).

If you look at this picture from Soho he says this is what it looked like, and it is definitely two shades of gray; the light gray and dark gray as shown in the sample. Perhaps GM is changing the colors? Regardless the photos of the gray interior from several different photos, cameras, picture takers shows this two tone/light dark look.
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...4-assorted-z06-interior-pics-2.html#post68848

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The important part is that the interior is two tone. See the dash surround vs the trim...much lighter and the same as the seats. This is not the only picture that shows this two tone look and it also matches the above samples for the gray (galvanized).

If you look at this picture from Soho he says this is what it looked like, and it is definitely two shades of gray; the light gray and dark gray as shown in the sample. Perhaps GM is changing the colors? Regardless the photos of the gray interior from several different photos, cameras, picture takers shows this two tone/light dark look.
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...4-assorted-z06-interior-pics-2.html#post68848
Thanks Bob, I believe this was the answer or description I was looking for. I knew the different pictures of the gray interior as far as how light or dark it appeared was influenced by the lighting. Some pictures appeared almost black and others a light gray. In retrospect, I think what I was looking for was some sort of contrast or two tones of gray to break things up a bit. Not to make it appear too busy, but to simply enhance some of the features, shapes and design GM created. I found myself feeling just as passionate over the interior as the exterior design of the car. Tadge and the entire Corvette team has truly dealt a royal flush in the design of the the new C7 and Z06, which has stirred a reaction from me personally, I haven't felt for perhaps decades. Everything about this new C7 is drop dead gorgeous.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I respectfully disagree with the whole idea of a two-tone gray or a two-tone blue Z06 interior.

Allow me please to again try regarding Dark Galvanzied/Dark Gray. While there are always subtle color differences due to different materials, there are only two colors in this interior. One is called by GM "Jet Black," though it appears to all of us as a dark, dark, dark charcoal black. The other color is dark gray. There is only one gray in the car; or put conversely, there are not two different grays in the car, e.g., a light/medium gray and a dark gray -- only one dark gray. The seats are the identical gray color as the gray leather trim around the IP, on the center console and on the armrests. (BTW, the same is true of the Twilight Blue interior, i.e., there is only one blue, or put another way, there is not a lighter blue for the seats, versus a darker blue elsewhere in the blue interior.)

I talked personally, at length with Ryan Vaughan, as he handed Annie and me those samples at the Bash. Annie and I and many others saw the interior at NCM two weeks ago; it is a uniform dark gray, and the only gray offered inside of a Z06 -- again identical the picture in post # 24 above. Quoting from an April 14, 2014 memo from Ryan to me:

We are calling the color a dark grey. It is definitely on the "cool" or blue side but is still grey rather than a full-on blue. It is a hard color to photograph and looks different depending on the lighting.

I took the two sample pictures above when Ryan handed me the samples. Sorry, but my cell phone camera is not accurate, but what you are looking at is the black and the color gray (or blue) depending on which sample.

I do not want anyone to make their decision based on their thinking that they are getting a tri-color interior on the Z06, e.g. two different grays and one black. Do not want anyone to be disappointed when their car arrives and it is a two color (one gray and one black color) interior. When was the last time you saw a three-interior-color Corvette?

Looking at this GM picture, it appears the exact reverse of a picture above, with the IP gray trim being lighter than the dark gray seats. So in one picture it appears that the seats are lighter, yet in another one it appears that the IP trim is lighter. But the IP trim is not lighter in the picture immediately above, nor are the seats lighter in the picture several posts above. In both pictures, it is just the camera and room lighting that are creating this confusion.

Only one color, plus black equals all Z06 interiors.

·
Registered
817 Posts
John's comments are totally in keeping with what my wife and I saw at Carlisle. The dark gray interior consists of ONE dark grey and the rest jet black...regardless of how the lighting effects what appears in photographs. The dark gray around the instrument panel is noticeably lighter than the jet black...the "driver focused" scheme is definitely noticeable. Whether that is good or bad is a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Seats and dash look the same shade in this closeup that I took...

11close.JPG

Reactions: elegant
1 - 20 of 28 Posts