Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really? Not my cup of tea, but different strokes for different folks...

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Well whether Pink is your color or not, one can appreciate the effort that went into wrapping the Stingray.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mary Kay Corvette?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Pepto Bismol!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well whether Pink is your color or not, one can appreciate the effort that went into wrapping the Stingray.
Jeff I heard a reference to Vegas, maybe they will come to one of your cars and coffee and you can get the reT if the story for us.

While not my cup of tea, the wrap job looks like it was painted on and that is impressive.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Gee, and they did that over extra cost Crystal Red paint.

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Jeff I heard a reference to Vegas, maybe they will come to one of your cars and coffee and you can get the reT if the story for us.

While not my cup of tea, the wrap job looks like it was painted on and that is impressive.
For sure if it shows up I'll get the full scoop. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gee, and they did that over extra cost Crystal Red paint.
It is hard to figure, but if the pink is what she wanted...Pink is what she got. I suspect there will not be many others like it. A very exclusive color that will stand out in any crowd!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Donna Mae Mims, The Pink Lady passed away in 2009 I think. She had and was viewed after her passing this Corvette. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1409793282.827583.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1409793299.916307.jpg

She wore Pink, raced in Pink and worked for Don Yenko outside Pittsburgh for years. She was also a very early female racer, performing quite well.

An endless promoter of motor sports and women in racing she also drove in at least one Sea to Signing Sea Race.

Pink isn't for me either, but when ever I see a Pink Corvette I'm reminded of that wild woman.

Cheers Donna Mae

Kip Knuth

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Thanks for posting the brief story and pictures of Donna Mae Mims Kip!

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Registered
105 Posts
My pleasure, as a kid I grew up around her, Yenko and many other enthusiasts. (To put it mildly). She stayed at our house a lot while my father prepped cars for some of their adventures. He owned one of the SR-2's for many years that he purchased from Don.

I'm so absolutely over joyed and thrilled to finally have my dream car. I'm absolutely at the best point of my life.

Kip

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Donna Mae", I had heard the name and knew she was some how involved with corvettes. Now I see why. Thanks for your post Kip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts