Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed the oil in my '16 C7 and when I went to reset the oil monitor it had already reset to 100%. Does this car know when the oil has been changed?
I changed the oil with a warm engine and let it drain overnight. Used Mobile 1 and an OEM filter, not that that would make a change,

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Every model year C7 owner's manual states that the oil life monitor system must be reset manually.

·
Administrator
15,906 Posts
As Vigilance247 indicated, the C7 oil life monitor must be reset manually. On page 228 of your 2016 Owners Manual it provides the detail on the two step process you need to take to reset the monitor.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Must have been gremlins :)

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was a gremlin. I didn't do anything and it went back to 100%????

·
Administrator
15,906 Posts
OK then, billkahle, we'll go with a gremlin :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK then, billkahle, we'll go with a gremlin :eek:
Well, I don't think it was a gremlin. The other day I changed the oil/filter again at 5% oil life. Mobile I and a PH64. The engine was warm and like the last change was allowed to drain over night. After refilling the oil life did not auto reset.
I had to do a manual reset. The issue last year was ME. I'm either losing my mind or just getting very forgetful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK guys, this is sorta kinda related. Sounds like several are changing their own oil. I used to on most of my cars. This is my first Vette. I have to ask, do you all have lifts that you use wide enough for the Vette tires to fit on or what? I'm sure to seasoned Corvette veterans this is going to be a stupid question but I have to admit, I like the idea of letting the oil drain overnight and not having to deal with taking it to a dealership for a oil change.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use 2 floor jacks. First install hockey pucks on the front tie down points. Lift and place on jack stands. I first drive up on 2"x6" to allow clearance for the floor jacks. Another way would be to make ramps using 2"x8"s or 2"x10"s. Always chock the wheels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No chance Budweiser was involved with the one that "reset itself" was there? ;)
After buying the Vette I can't afford Budweiser.

Reactions: stevec

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,225 Posts
Change my own, let it sit thru a lunch break, usually dripless by then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts