Stingray Corvette Forum banner

oil change

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  pebblebeach888 
#1 ·
has anyone done one themselves?

#11 ·
Try and search before you post .....all the basics are here about 100 times over...
whats the difference if one asks a question thats been talked about 100 over, as you can see sometimes the same question could lead to valuable information that hasn't been discussed before.... By the way love your mods :)

#4 ·
Does anyone have an opinion about Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Motor Oil? Pennzoil claims it is slicker than the typical synthetic. Does anyone have any experience with this oil?

#5 · (Edited)
So far (two oil changes - 1st at 500, 2nd at 5,000) it's the only oil I've used. I like it.

It's one of the few true "full synthetic" oils still made.

I buy 5 quart jugs at Walmart for $29. Pennzoil also has a $10 rebate going on, and you can get $0.50 off per gallon on your next 20 gallon fill-up if you're a Shell Fuel Rewards member.

So, 5 quarts of full synthetic oil will cost me $9 after these rebates, and the other $20 will go in the gas tank.

Reactions: Rocky
#7 ·
And now I see Mobius responded while I was writing my response...

#9 ·
Just a side note I have Mercury Racing outboard motors, we spin them up to 7600rpm wot for long stretches and in and out of the throttle , we usually break them down after 40hours, we have always used Pennzoil full synthetic 2 cycle, the oil really is the best I seen in my experience

#14 ·
I have no specific experience with this oil, but now that Pennzoil is a Shell brand, I would have just as much confidence in it as is enjoyed by Mobil 1. I have decades of experience with other Shell oils, particularly Rotella and T6 syn Rotella. The T6 is widely used by enthusiasts of turbocharged diesels, four stroke motorcycles, and a wide variety of on and off road vehicles. Heck, I used Rotella back in the 1960s and early 1970s in my C2.

#15 · (Edited)
i have owned a Piper Arrow and any of the recips used Rotella, the TBO's on this type aircraft turbo and non- turbo, are !800 hrs and after breakdown the engines looked great, go figure, point being most aircraft mechanics swear buy it..... a lot different flying you cant stop and access the problem lol

ps Hope you guys dont mind that I use different examples ie performance boats, aircraft, Im new to this site and I dont want to piss anyone off...

Reactions: jim2golf and Mobius
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.