Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would if the oil life monitor tells you to. It calculates time and mileage. Even if you didn’t drive it for a year it would tell you to change it. Oil is cheap protection, especially if you ever have an engine warranty issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Most would recommend changing the oil every year at a minimum, regardless of how few miles driven.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I agree with above . I just changed mine at 1200 miles and 8 months because the car was in for another major service and i didn't want to come back in a few months and loose the car to them for half a day.
As others have said in my opinion it's cheap insurance .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Interesting about the algorithm for oil life (it's been discussed here before)... over wintering in Wisconsin, seemed like I lose 50% (at least) in the five months of inactivity. I just drove about 1400 miles to Florida (at a 'brisk' cruise) and only dropped a few percentage points. I can see my car smiling already, thankful to be in a warmer winter climate this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
It'll drop from 100 to 0% in 12 months, or 7500 miles. Other factors can make it drop quicker, but it will never exceed those to end points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts