Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowered all the way on stock bolts, non-Z51, with ACS Splitter. Don't know how in the world this actually happened, but it did. I was leading a Corvette club cruise and was careful and slow approaching the bridge. But evidently not careful enough. :(

IMG_0536.JPG IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0584.JPG

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Ouch Jeremy! That sucks. Sometimes it pays to be second- the second mouse gets the cheese.:(

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I'm sorry to see this happened to you Jeremy. It's too bad that unfortunate things happen to good guys.

Yes, that bridge looks essentially flat.

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all! Maybe glen has a process for buffing it out. Haha!
It's hard to believe everything that has happened with this Corvette. LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
392 Posts
Maybe the boards bowed underneath the car causing it to drop further than normal or pushed up one of the bolts/spikes holding the boards down. That happens on old bridges.

Sorry to see anything happen to your car. She's still a beauty, even without her chin!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ouch. Not sure how many folks have reported similar incidents in the last few weeks but it's enough to keep me on the sideline.

Tom

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeremy; Man that's tough to see. What's your plan going forward? Raise & replace or other?
Raise and replace...most likely.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeremy, so sorry that your beauty has been temporally injured. Have full faith you will get her back to her previous perfect self!
Thanks, John! Be careful with that Z06 splitter!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Food for thought:

John Michel Henry's ACS splitter = 4 5/8 from ground to leading edge
My Lashway splitter: = 5 3/4 from ground to leading edge

both car lowered all the way on stock bolts...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Beer for thought: "STAROPRAMEN" (made in CZECH):eek:
My new WeaponX splitter 5 1/8 from ground to leading edge 6.5 from ground to center edge, Z51 lowered all the way on stock bolts. 2014-09-13 14.52.07.jpg 2014-09-13 14.49.43.jpg 2014-09-13 14.49.26.jpg 2014-09-13 14.47.59.jpg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to see that.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jeremy, I would have drove on that bridge surface with any vehicle that is low to the ground it looks completely flat. You will have your C7 masterpiece repaired in no time. Well I guess I can't tell you to go drive the wheels off your C7 around Oklahoma, it will have to be "Go drive the splitter off your C7 around Oklahoma"!! Good luck on a speedy repair.

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 41 Posts