Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had some actual great weather for January here. Nothing but sunny skies all day, temps in the 40's and 50's.

I finally had the occasion to remove and stow the top. It's like a whole new car again! The wind! The sun! The exhaust!!! Just when I though this car was over the top, it's taken up another notch. This is the best of all worlds, a coupe and yet feels like a convertible. That will scratch my convertible itch just fine since I'll soon not have a true convertible for the first time in well over 20 years.

I just love this ride more and more each day.

·
Registered
220 Posts
We're all so happy for ya, Dasyatis! So what you're telling us is......it was worth the wait? LOL Drive it like you stole it, Buddy! :eek:

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
We had some actual great weather for January here. Nothing but sunny skies all day, temps in the 40's and 50's.

I finally had the occasion to remove and stow the top. It's like a whole new car again! The wind! The sun! The exhaust!!! Just when I though this car was over the top, it's taken up another notch. This is the best of all worlds, a coupe and yet feels like a convertible. That will scratch my convertible itch just fine since I'll soon not have a true convertible for the first time in well over 20 years.

I just love this ride more and more each day.
Living vicariously right now.... awww WTH, it'll be out of the teens by lunch time, I'm gonna pop the top and give her a whirl too! ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're all so happy for ya, Dasyatis! So what you're telling us is......it was worth the wait? LOL Drive it like you stole it, Buddy! :eek:
What wait? :roll eyes: I was actually expecting it later but the dealer set the expectation too high and couldn't deliver on their promise. If they had said it'll be here in Feb I'd be ok and then thrilled when it was 'early'. You are going to go crazy once you're back home driving your new ride! Not gonna eat, not gonna sleep, just drive….

Living vicariously right now.... awww WTH, it'll be out of the teens by lunch time, I'm gonna pop the top and give her a whirl too! ;)
Top off has close to the same open feel of my SSR since it'a also a 2 seater. Wind deflector in the SSR vs. the roof behind my head in the C7 makes them feel similar (the open air part..). Just be careful since people get so busy staring the tend to almost crash into things while looking. The looks and stares are priceless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts