Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking over the option list it becomes very obvious that there this a lot to consider when picking trim levels and options. That being the case, what did you select for yours? It might also be interesting to discuss why you picked one option and not another. I noticed that in using the Chevy "Build your own" feature you can really run up the purchase price quickly. How many of you will go to the aftermarket for wheels or other goodies rather than buy a GM offered option? If so, what are your plans?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got the 3LT Z51 with magnetic selective ride control, performance exhaust, GT bucket seat, Carbon Fiber trim, transparent roof and chrome rims.

I did not go with any of the cloth fiber. I like the all napa leather look better. I also went with pretty much everything on the car and don't plan too many if any after market items until the car is several years old. I guess I worry about voiding the warranty.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
I got RedHot as a base model for several reasons including:
-I found the Coupe lines gorgeous and felt the concinnity of the lines coming off the rear window flowed perfectly down to the base mini-wing. The full Z wing in my eyes, abruptly interrupted those design lines and took away from the elegance. I will never track my car and while the mag shocks would have been nice if available on the base, the reviews clearly indicated the base rides and handles quite well as is.
-ordered Torch Red, well because is there really any other classic Corvette color ;) :D
-2LT Adrenaline Red because it worked so well with the Torch Red. Did not order 3LT because I found the extension of the Adrenaline Red onto the dash too much red for my taste. If it doesn't come with the dash and steering wheel stitching in red I will dye those myself.
-Red Brembos 'cause it looks so darn good through the wheels
-regular wheels because I was not too keen on the chrome, did not like the black and anticipate down the road I might see a set of aftermarket wheels on another C7 that I will get
-Nav system because at that price it was a deal compared to what I have paid in all my other cars and really like being able to ask OnStar for directions while driving and have them automatically downloaded to the Nav
-transparent roof panel because I like the added light and view when it is in place (though it will be off and stowed more than it is on). I also like the black look of the transparent as it ties in with the back window.
-Museum delivery for the experience and opportunity to have the suggested engine/tires/brakes break-in done by the end of the 1st or 2nd day of my drive home, and then being able to really enjoy her!
-performance exhaust because I love a loud symphony
:cool:

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
When you add your reply Chip suggested you discuss why you picked what you picked. I agree that would be interesting and fun to share. :cool:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Velocity Yellow (Always been my fav color)
Black Interior (Looks great with color choice)
2LT (Didn't want suede)
Carbon Fiber Roof (A must for me... nice contrast with color)
Carbon Fiber Interior (Gives a more tech/modern look and matches my roof)
Navigation (A must for my lifestyle)
Standard wheels - Black wheels will be after market with LG Motor Sports in Texas, if I'm not crazy about the standard
Yellow Calipers (A must for me... just looks awesome with the color)
Being a female, and not racing this vehicle (much), I didn't go with the Z51, dual exhaust or mag ride. If I'm not racing at the track and using these upgrades as they're intended, seems like a waste of money AND more to repair.
I also will work from my car (telephone calls) so I didn't go with the dual exhaust (already going to be loud enough) :)
I may purchase a glass roof later... want to see how much I drive with the roof on/off

·
Registered
81 Posts
White with Black wheels - Why? cause it looks awesome.
Z51 - Why? It's a sports car
7-speed manual - why? ditto
1LT - no frills (plus my wife says I'm cheap)
Dual Mode Exhaust - why? More horsepower
Mag Ride - It's a sports car
Carbon flash Mirror and Spoiler - Why? Adds to the white and black awesomeness
Nav - I think it makes the dash more attractive (especially if your going with 1LT)

·
Registered
658 Posts
That was one feature I wanted to know about. What about this suede? How does it wear, clean, and look after it has some age on it?
03-04 mustang cobra and a few other models used the suede and it holds up very well but I've never own a car with it so I can't comment on cleaning. I am not a fan of the suede and like different colors of stitching or leather inserts better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cyber gray with Kalahari Napa leather
3LT coupe
performance exhaust
transparent roof
red calipers
aluminum machined wheels]
interior sueded trim package
7 speed manual

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I also will work from my car (telephone calls) so I didn't go with the dual exhaust (already going to be loud enough) :[/QUOTE said:
Just an FYI the dual exhaust only works in certain modes like performance or track so in normal driving mode you would be fine.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am somewhat conflicted about this performance option. (Performance Exhaust) After all its pretty pricy @ $1195.00, and from what I've read the HP gain is minimal. I would think the aftermarket would be able to give you more value and HP gain for your hard earned dollar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a cyber grey z 51 package with red interior blk rims and red calipers said mine should be in end of nov i was 10 on a list of 30 .

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am somewhat conflicted about this performance option. (Performance Exhaust) After all its pretty pricy @ $1195.00, and from what I've read the HP gain is minimal. I would think the aftermarket would be able to give you more value and HP gain for your hard earned dollar.
The real advantage of the exhaust is that is quiet without the drone but still gets loud and opens up when you stomp on it or change modes.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Also an aftermarket exhaust will run you $1,000 or more and I think I'm way too low for a cat back system. Sit in a car with the drone all day it's not pleasant.

Also most aftermarket exhaust systems don't add more than 15hp anyway. Anyone who claims numbers higher than this on a stock motor is, let's just say not quite telling the truth. So another 5hp is not that bad really on the car you know GM spent a great deal of time testing. Also you have a lot of senors so you also have the risk with an aftermarket system setting off an engine code and maybe even voiding your warranty.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Also an aftermarket exhaust will run you $1,000 or more and I think I'm way too low for a cat back system. Sit in a car with the drone all day it's not pleasant.

Also most aftermarket exhaust systems don't add more than 15hp anyway. Anyone who claims numbers higher than this on a stock motor is, let's just say not quite telling the truth. So another 5hp is not that bad really on the car you know GM spent a great deal of time testing. Also you have a lot of senors so you also have the risk with an aftermarket system setting off an engine code and maybe even voiding your warranty.
Totally agree. Unless you get into changing headers, cat-back etc. you will not gain any additional hp with just an aftermarket exhaust. If you want the enhanced sound option this is really a very good package.
:cool:

Reactions: Sinner

·
Registered
680 Posts
That was one feature I wanted to know about. What about this suede? How does it wear, clean, and look after it has some age on it?
Chip, I've had suede in the past and had a difficult time keeping it looking new or nice, but that was me. I'm sure the C7 will have top of the line with easy care. I just didn't want it for myself. Leather is a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Base coupe because I'm never going to race or track the car. Manual transmission because it's still fun and I'm not likely to fall asleep :) Night race blue because it's such an intriguing color. The choices were cyber gray or night race blue or lime rock green. Cyber gray was eliminated because all my cars have been silver or variations of gray! My wife thought line rock green was a bit too "out there". Kalahari interior, 2LT with nav and dual mode exhaust because the sound is just too luxurious!

PS This is my first Corvette!!!

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations "tsekhar!" What a fantastic time you are going to have. Only problem is that, starting the day you get it, your face muscles will be aching from your constant smiling.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Z51 Coupe
Laguna Blue Paint
3LT Equipment Group
Kalahari/Suede interior
Dual Mode Exhaust
Battery Protection Package
Red Calipers
Chrome Wheels
Magnetic Selective Ride Control