Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anticipation!!!
My order has been placed :cool:, prelim invoice received, BUT... common knowledge, prices and more detailed info have yet to be released. Does anyone know if the following will be included in the Stingray?
  • Back-up camera (heard yes on recent video)
  • Improved stereo (essentially Dolby Digital vs. Bose)
  • When purchasing the carbon fiber panel roof, do you still receive the standard full color roof panel at N/C
  • Two driver seat memory settings
  • Heated mirrors
  • Compass
  • Transmission, cruise and audio controls on steering wheel (I think yes from pics)
  • Turn signal in mirrors
  • Dual zone climate control (I think yes from pics)
  • Memorized settings for driver(s), audio and climate control
  • Bluetooth wireless and hands-free for phone (I think yes from pics and video)
I'm a bit spoiled with what I have and really enjoy these features in my current vehicle. My hope is the new navigation and interior features will be very impressive... as I've only been able to view it from afar, via pics or video.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
Anticipation!!!
My order has been placed :cool:, prelim invoice received, BUT... common knowledge, prices and more detailed info have yet to be released. Does anyone know if the following will be included in the Stingray?
  • Back-up camera (heard yes on recent video)
  • Improved stereo (essentially Dolby Digital vs. Bose)
  • When purchasing the carbon fiber panel roof, do you still receive the standard full color roof panel at N/C
  • Two driver seat memory settings
  • Heated mirrors
  • Compass
  • Transmission, cruise and audio controls on steering wheel (I think yes from pics)
  • Turn signal in mirrors
  • Dual zone climate control (I think yes from pics)
  • Memorized settings for driver(s), audio and climate control
  • Bluetooth wireless and hands-free for phone (I think yes from pics and video)
I'm a bit spoiled with what I have and really enjoy these features in my current vehicle. My hope is the new navigation and interior features will be very impressive... as I've only been able to view it from afar, via pics or video.

Thoughts?
Congrats on your order! Most of what you listed is a yes (dual zone AC, memory settings, bluetooth, backup camera) but also dependent on the trim level your ordered. If you ordered both the exposed fiber panel and the standard (vs just the exposed fiber) you get both; the ugrade Bose starts with 2L etc. However I believe there are no repeaters in the mirrors from what I have read on other posts.:cool:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told today by my salesman if I order the carbon fiber panel roof, I will not receive the standard full color... order as a dual isn't an option either; however, I do have the option of two dual packages... 1) glass with standard, or 2) carbon fiber with glass. To me that's a bummer! Do you know if the 2L has all of those options above we discussed above? I would think so, as it seems the 3L is only an improvement in interior leather options. I have until Monday to wrap it up and finalize my invoice, as my dealership has been required to turn in their first 4 to BG Plant by Tuesday morning. I'm #1 on the list!!! Awe the pressure, but also exciting.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Velocity Yellow with Jet Black... reason for my "yellow stingray" picture here :) Yellow has always been my favorite color. When I was a little girl, my father had '68 yellow Stingray as well as a silver Mach 1. I grew up with cool cars! This will be the first sports car I've purchased in my adult life where I get to pick everything... so this is very exciting! Being the #1 ordered in Dallas/Fort Worth, I want to make sure they see me coming!!!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Congrats on the order.
I placed my order this week as well. Red on TR Z51, 2LT. Very excited. What are dealers charging in Dallas? I managed MSRP with the only Chevy dealer on Cape Cod, MA
Hi John,

Dave here, congrats!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I noticed today that the Glass will be "Solar-Ray light-tinted". It appears there is not an option to pick either the color or the degree of tint. Does anyone have any suggestions for those of us that prefer a dark black tint?

I suppose this is one way to solve the problem. Too bad it can’t be done at the factory.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations John, Dave and Dennis! I have a TERRIFIC Dealer in Dallas who is taking extremely great care of me on the price. Many reasons. The Lone Star Corvette Club (with whom I'm a Member) along with Classic Chevrolet and DFW held the Lone Star Classic a few weeks ago (Vette show at Lone Star Park). Following was a banquet with live and silent auction. The last item up for auction was the #1 order spot! I WON! The money I paid for this spot went to 3 great charities. Because of this, they are treating me VERY well and charging me MSRP. I went to visit them yesterday to drive a C6 Coupe and C6 Z51 3LT. After driving both, and being female, I went with the 2LT, NAV, HUD, etc. Coupe in Velocity Yellow, Jet Black interior with yellow calipers and will have the wheels done in black after market, because black wheels aren't being offered with the Coupe... only Z51. ANTICIPATION!!!!! FREAK!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Congrats! But if they "really" wanted to treat you right they would have given it to you for invoice. :D

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
Congrats! But if they "really" wanted to treat you right they would have given it to you for invoice. :D
Redc7- at this stage of the game do you know anyone who has secured their order at invoice vs MSRP? :cool:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Redc7- at this stage of the game do you know anyone who has secured their order at invoice vs MSRP? :cool:
Boy I wish! But I figured since she donated to charity they might give her a break. :D

One reason I'm waiting for a 2015 as I plan on paying close to invoice.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
Boy I wish! But I figured since she donated to charity they might her a break. :D

One reason I'm waiting for a 2015 as I plan on paying close to invoice.
OK then- each to their own. :cool:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe they'll charge me invoice. :) I hope so. I thought I was told that initially. IF I didn't get #1, I'd wait until the 2015; however, I've heard rumor it won't be a "Stingray", but referred to as the C7... no Stingray logo, etc. This is rumor and/or speculation by others. Because of my position and having to make a fast decision, I've been reading volumes about this car and watching videos galore! I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Maybe they'll charge me invoice. :) I hope so. I thought I was told that initially. IF I didn't get #1, I'd wait until the 2015; however, I've heard rumor it won't be a "Stingray", but referred to as the C7... no Stingray logo, etc. This is rumor and/or speculation by others. Because of my position and having to make a fast decision, I've been reading volumes about this car and watching videos galore! I could be wrong.
Or at least something below sticker would be nice. :)

I wouldn't believe the stories around the Stingray logo/name going away it doesn't make sense to do it for just 1 year. The Stingray name carries a lot of history with it especially from old timers like me that use to own one. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to hear about the Stingray cont. I just received a call from Jason at Classic. They're charging MSRP :( BUT fun, fun, fun, being the first to roll out of their location, he said they'll probably throw me a mini-bash to celebrate :) Kool!!! Before I won the #1 position with Classic, not only did I place a deposit with them, but also with 2 other locations (top 5 of Vette sales) and had a call into Kerbeck to notify me when they were ready to accept orders/deposits. One dealership told me they were going to charge $1,000 over MSRP, the other $6,000 over MSRP. A few days ago, Kerbeck sent me an email they're taking orders and were allocated 504 Stingrays over a 6 to 9 month period. I'm feeling very blessed after hearing that! To date, I've received EXCELLENT treatment thus far by Jason, the group at Classic and by Craig, President of the Lone Star Corvette Club here in Dallas. With Classic and the Lone Star Corvette Club, I'm not feeling like a number... but rather very special :) It's worth the experience, low VIN, etc. Not to mention, I got 4 tickets to the Indy races this Saturday... Jason's token of appreciation. Great group!!! I'd travel far to use these guys.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
Yahoo :cool::):cool: My Torch Red Stingray is now ordered. Now for the waiting...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts