Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of reading and researching I finally placed my order today on a 2015 Stingray. Non-Z51, 2LT, Laguna Blue, Black Leather, Transparent Roof, 7-speed Manual and performance exhaust.

I want to thank all who contribute to the information in this forum. I feel I was well prepared, knew what to expect, and made a well researched and educated decision on what, and where to order.

I could not believe my luck when I received a call back from one of the local dealers and he told me they would honor supplier pricing on a new 2015 order. They are in the top 100 dealers of 2014 Corvette sales and have allocation.

Now the wait begins...

·
Administrator
16,299 Posts
Congratulations bjhayes on your 2015 LB Stingray order!:cool:

Reactions: bjhayes

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Congratulations, BJ Hayes!

Reactions: bjhayes

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats. I ordered a 2015 Laguna Blue coupe as well 1 week ago.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You'll enjoy this:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
392 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!

If you think you were anxious for Christmas as a kid, that's NOTHING compared to the waiting that's ahead of you for your Corvette.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Congratulations bjhayes!!! Great car type and color choice!! You're going to LOVE IT!! Of course I'm a little partial.

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
Yes some dealers are starting to open to suppliers, I also waited to get supplier and now I have to wait for the car. GM knows that sales at first is hot and then it tappers off after the rush of people that can't wait for the car. Not every one want's a Stingray or need's one, It takes me a long time to make what little money I earn to buy the car that I don't need but want. At supplier you well not take such a large hit when you no longer want it. Here in California I take a large hit on Tax and California fees. Wish I could get the GM employee price but glad to get Supplier. My dealer is not one of the top 100 but was one of the first 900 for the C7. You most likely well get your before me, I am still sitting at 3rd on his list and they only get 2-3 per / mo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats, keep reading and get ready a lot to learn before delivery. Mine should be hear soon and I still have a lot to do!!!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
bjhayes, congrats on the order of your C7 masterpiece, the wait begins, but it is well worth it!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Reactions: Florent

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well bad news... got a call tonight from dealership and their new sales GM said he will not honor supplier anymore so I cancelled my order.
Oh well.. I guess its a waiting game again.

I'm not sure if it was a bait and switch or if they are being honest about getting a new sales GM in the past couple of days but that sucks.

·
Administrator
16,299 Posts
Sorry to read that bjhayes. Any chance you can talk directly with the owner of the dealership?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well bad news... got a call tonight from dealership and their new sales GM said he will not honor supplier anymore so I cancelled my order.
Oh well.. I guess its a waiting game again.

I'm not sure if it was a bait and switch or if they are being honest about getting a new sales GM in the past couple of days but that sucks.
There are a bunch of dealerships with big Corvette allocations willing to honor it. Look at the top 99 dealers thread and the top 3 will sort you out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to read that bjhayes. Any chance you can talk directly with the owner of the dealership?
I may try to do that tomorrow but frankly I'm not sure I can trust them. I had the promise of supplier pricing in writing... TWICE... from them before I spent half a day traveling to their dealership and placing the order.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts