Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the order priority means? My order priority is 43. It seems high.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Does anyone know what the order priority means? My order priority is 43. It seems high.
As Glen e said, could mean absolutely nothing. Could mean that your dealership has ordered 79 vehicles this month (cars, pickups, SUV's), and that your order was the 43rd one they placed.

It could still mean nothing even if we are talking just about Corvette orders, for MacMulkin, Criswell and Kerbeck get that many new Corvettes (or more) every month.

However, if that is a real dealership priority order, and your dealership only has a Corvette allocation of 50 for this entire model year, it could mean your StingRay will not be arriving soon. Suggest you ask your dealership was that number means and what is their allocation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I visitd the dealership for the very first time and asked if they had any allocations left, they stated they had an allocation of 80 vettes with about 40 sold so who make perfect sense if I'm number 43

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
When I visitd the dealership for the very first time and asked if they had any allocations left, they stated they had an allocation of 80 vettes with about 40 sold so who make perfect sense if I'm number 43
Interesting considering all the propaganda Chevy allowed the bloggers to publish about the order books being full for the entire model year production yet a dealer has almost 50% of their allocation unspoken for.

It's looking like supplier pricing may come through around sooner than later. Hopefully around the first of the year, just as me and a couple dealer principles I talked to hypothesized a couple months ago.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
A little birdie told me some dealers are now ordering for their own stock at the dealership.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
A little birdie told me some dealers are now ordering for their own stock at the dealership.
Ever since the constraints on the Z51 a lot of dealers have ordered for stock rather than lose allocation hence the $2000 discounts on base models at the largest dealers. In fact, a number of dealers back doored into stock vehicles by taking customer orders without deposits then placing them on the floor when the customer bails. My local dealer did that and was getting about a 30% drop out rate so they have had cars in stock for the last 2 months.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ever since the constraints on the Z51 a lot of dealers have ordered for stock rather than lose allocation hence the $2000 discounts on base models at the largest dealers. In fact, a number of dealers back doored into stock vehicles by taking customer orders without deposits then placing them on the floor when the customer bails. My local dealer did that and was getting about a 30% drop out rate so they have had cars in stock for the last 2 months.
30% drop out rate? Did your dealer tell you why customers are cancelling?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
30% drop out rate? Did your dealer tell you why customers are cancelling?
Many were early orders and most were current C6 owners. For many, when they realized their current pride and joy was worth 60% of what they thought it was worth as a trade they bailed on the deal. Because it was a no deposit order there wasn't a penalty for canceling and the dealer was throwing a $10k add sticker on the cars when they put them on the lot so they loved it.

They didn't communicate the drop rate to me but the math is simple. They had 35 cars in the first allocation and I have counted about 10 go through their site as in stock vehicles and I've seen them on their lot, they weren't sold vehicles showing up on their site. When I went in last September they said they had customer orders for all 35 and were working a list for the second half allocation. How can that be when they have 3 cars on the lot today, including a Vert if everything was presold?

Reactions: Richard Brubaker

·
Registered
64 Posts
My dealer told me the number to order during this year was small but more were available to order in 2014. I'm in Richmond VA which is not a huge market. There are three larger dealers. My dealer ordered 6 units one of them being the low production Laguna Blue (one of 599) which they allowed me to drive for over two hours. The sales manager showed me an email where other dealers were offering to pay up to $10K over invoice for this car and we're throwing in four tickets to the Leno show. Thing is they lose the allocation sale which they did not want to do. Royal Che roles is going to put it on ebay I believe. I ordered a red Z51 3LT with magnetic ride control and clear roof with no constraints. Feeling lucky after reading other posts. And I got it below retail. Now just waiting until Feb for delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts