Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how the orders are pulled for car build sequence. My dealer ordered my 2015 the first day possible. My order has been accepted but nothing further.
Thanks, Mike

·
18,670 Posts
Complicated question, but answer centers around two basic parameters, "dealer comparable allocation," and whether any of your options are on constraints.

Sending you a private message which goes into both things in detail.

·
Registered
827 Posts
To bad GM doesn't give war veterans preference and make their orders priority regardless of where their order is placed instead of "dealer comparable allocation".

·
Registered
310 Posts
Elegant, I have that same problem. My 2015 was my dealer's first. Could you post your detailed answer here or possibly send it to me?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Once your order has been entered into the WorkBench (and you receive a printout which shows your order number and your name along with the specifics of your order) the next step is for the dealer to receive a go ahead for one or more of his/hers allocations from GM. Then the dealer makes the decision as to which of his/her existing orders to slide into the allocation. So you could be first on your dealers list, but when the dealer gets an allocation, s/he could decide to give it to someone else who has an order in with them further down on their list (like a friend or family member). So it is not always that your order will receive the allocation from dealer's allocation in the same sequence that you placed it with the dealer. Also, if for example you placed an order for a Z51 convertible and the dealer only got an allocation for a Z51 coupe your order will not be given the allocation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dont think the question has to do with receiving an allocation but rather how does GM sequence the build order once the allocation is filled with a particular corvette. It's a valid question since I do see video of the corvette line and it appears cars are grouped at least by color. Just as the first five corvettes of 2015 were arctic white then followed by shark gray. GM must have a reason. I doubt the first five orders submitted or the first five available allocations were only for arctic white.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
Same here, I told the dealer to order June 26th, then he sent the order work bench to me July 5th and it is still at 1100. I was told that I am #5, then last week I called and was told I am #3. He told me they get 2-3 per mo. Wonder if he well skip my order because of it being Supplier? Also told all orders are sold orders by deposit only. He told me he would keep me up every step of the way. Was told nothing well happen because they have not started to build the 15 yet and won't happen until the 15 start to build. Every time I have called him he says quit believing what you read on the forum.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Same here, I told the dealer to order June 26th, then he sent the order work bench to me July 5th and it is still at 1100. I was told that I am #5, then last week I called and was told I am #3. He told me they get 2-3 per mo. Wonder if he well skip my order because of it being Supplier? Also told all orders are sold orders by deposit only. He told me he would keep me up every step of the way. Was told nothing well happen because they have not started to build the 15 yet and won't happen until the 15 start to build. Every time I have called him he says quit believing what you read on the forum.
Wow, he said for you to not believe what you read here? What about the picture evidence from a forum member having a picture of his car (2015 VIN # ending 00010) being built last Friday while he was standing there in Bowling Green watching it roll off the end of the production line? Isn't that proof enough?

You can choose to either believe picture evidence from a long-standing forum member, or believe your particular car salesman.

Hum... Which should you choose...?

I know which one I would choose to believe!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Getting 2 - 3 per month means starting at #5 you should have expected to get the order placed i August but to be fair, there have only been 2 or 3 orderable weeks so far since 6/26. As for 15's starting to be built and ignoring the forum, well the forum has pictures and first hand accounts of 2015's rolling off the line so you can choose to believe whoever you want.

BTW, Supplier is only applied when the car is delivered, there's is nothing in the order to differentiate it from all other sold orders. Of course the dealer could play games pushing full price deals in front of your order if they have no scruples. I also assume he meant all HIS orders were sold orders with deposits because that's not the case nationwide. Lots of dealers ordering for stock or special ordering without deposits.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I am curious how the orders are pulled for car build sequence. My dealer ordered my 2015 the first day possible. My order has been accepted but nothing further.
Thanks, Mike
So, original poster, you are at status 2000?

This thread has bifurcated into two topics: how GM takes an order from 2000 to 3400, and how GM takes an order from 1100 to 2000. It is my understanding that the original poster is referring to the former, not the latter.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I dont think the question has to do with receiving an allocation but rather how does GM sequence the build order once the allocation is filled with a particular corvette. It's a valid question since I do see video of the corvette line and it appears cars are grouped at least by color. Just as the first five corvettes of 2015 were arctic white then followed by shark gray. GM must have a reason. I doubt the first five orders submitted or the first five available allocations were only for arctic white.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
This is my understanding of the original poster's question as well.

Hopefully he will clarify the intent of his question.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
It is affirmative that BGAP "batch color" runs Corvettes down the production line. Most often, but not always, they run ten of this color, ten of that color. However, just as with the start of every model year, or introduction of a new model within a year, there are exceptions. Ten in a row of one color is the norm; more or less than ten is the exception.

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
Yes this dealer told me that they only are doing the all orders at this dealer sold orders with deposit. It looks like they are doing the turn and earn, I notice that when they get one in it is out gone in about a day. They do have a vert that has been on the lot for some time now but it seem that they are slow or harder to sell here in California. Just don't want to wait for nothing if I am being skipped by high Gross deals, sold my 09 Z51on July 1st and now only have my lease car to drive. Was told that we at November, does that sound correct?

Getting 2 - 3 per month means starting at #5 you should have expected to get the order placed i August but to be fair, there have only been 2 or 3 orderable weeks so far since 6/26. As for 15's starting to be built and ignoring the forum, well the forum has pictures and first hand accounts of 2015's rolling off the line so you can choose to believe whoever you want.

BTW, Supplier is only applied when the car is delivered, there's is nothing in the order to differentiate it from all other sold orders. Of course the dealer could play games pushing full price deals in front of your order if they have no scruples. I also assume he meant all HIS orders were sold orders with deposits because that's not the case nationwide. Lots of dealers ordering for stock or special ordering without deposits.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
A delivery in the first part of November sounds reasonable to me for what you described as your situation (position on the list) with your particular dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts