Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
I checked this AM and my C8 status finally moved to 3400 with a TPW of 1/11/21... Deposit was placed at the end of July 2019.... Whew...
Thanks fantastic- very exciting 🤸‍♂️

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,473 Posts
Good for you, exciting day coming up. (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked this AM and my C8 status finally moved to 3400 with a TPW of 1/11/21... Deposit was placed at the end of July 2019.... Whew...
When did you actually place the order with dealer if that was different than deposit?? I 've had a deposit on a Z06 for over 5 months so deposit to TPW doesn't mean much since there is not an actual order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if your question was directed to me, RaceBlue, but (as I understand things) all a deposit does is hold your place in the dealer's queue. In our cases (people making deposits in the later part of 2019) we sat in the dealer's queue for a long time! Only when the dealer's allocation (a few cars at a time) is takes care of everybody ahead of us does our deposit result in an "Order" with an "Order Number". For me that took more than a year!

Of course to get a TPW you definitely have an Order Number. Remember lists like below, where (I think) having a TPW means you're at 3400, where I was when I wrote that note. I still don't expect to see my car for several weeks.

List of GM Production codes
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand the process as I've gone thru this in previous years and agree with your description.. Generally deposit date means nothing to Chevrolet, only the dealer since no order has been generated. That being the case I didn't understand the issue with the duration from deposit being placed until TPW. From order to TPW would make more sense to me since it is no longer just on a list at the dealer but by Chevrolet since they now have an actual order. Thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I understand the process as I've gone thru this in previous years and agree with your description.. Generally deposit date means nothing to Chevrolet, only the dealer since no order has been generated. That being the case I didn't understand the issue with the duration from deposit being placed until TPW. From order to TPW would make more sense to me since it is no longer just on a list at the dealer but by Chevrolet since they now have an actual order. Thanks again.
😊

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car was produced on Wednesday, and I should have it next week. Deposit end of July/early Aug 2019. Rejected April 2020, reordered Nov 2020 moved to 3400 Dec, Built 1/13 17ish months of waiting... Red Mist, HTC, Z51, mag ride,, Gt2 suede seats and wheel, Black Roof, 2lt, black wheels, edge red brakes... Can't sleep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car was produced on Wednesday, and I should have it next week. Deposit end of July/early Aug 2019. Rejected April 2020, reordered Nov 2020 moved to 3400 Dec, Built 1/13 17ish months of waiting... Red Mist, HTC, Z51, mag ride,, Gt2 suede seats and wheel, Black Roof, 2lt, black wheels, edge red brakes... Can't sleep.
Congrats SgtMaj. Decided to wait til the political scene is settled to order mine. Have a 2014 2LT so I can at least sleep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts