Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just placed my order and have an order number is there an easy way to check the status without contacting my dealer

·
Administrator
15,882 Posts
I have just placed my order and have an order number is there an easy way to check the status without contacting my dealer
Congrats on your order! Sorry, but the best way is to contact your dealer. They can instantly check via GMWorkbench on their computer, at no cost to you or them, the accurate current status of your order. It is suggested that you don't do this more than once a week.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Your dealer really should provide this for you. However, there is another way:

Dealership Communication

Every dealer has through their Global Connect Order WorkBench software program, the program in which they order all their vehicles, the ability to 24/7 look up the status of an order. That process will continue, i.e., every dealer will continue to have the ability to look at your order status on their software system.

However, recognize that your dealer does not just have to take good care of your order, but depending on the size of their allocations, up to more than 100 per month, and as from start to finish the order process can stretch for three or even four months, tracking hundreds and hundreds of them. Hence, please be respectful of requesting your order’s status from the dealership.

GM Corvette Concierge Program

Replacing the forum-based “Customer Care” reps is the Corvette Concierge Program that launched just after the 2020 Corvette Reveal last month. GM views this new program as the preferred venue for requesting 2020 Corvette information or inquiring about your order status.

Therefore to ascertain your C8’s Order Status Code, you could, starting September 12th, but also not before your dealer has informed you that they have paired and submitted your order with a specific consensus GM granted allocation, contact either your dealership or call the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892.

·
Administrator
15,882 Posts
My dealer has been updating me on my order
Welcome to our forum willie.nh and congrats on your C8 order. Your dealer is doing what all dealers should do as a matter of SOP for their customers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your dealer really should provide this for you. However, there is another way:

Dealership Communication

Every dealer has through their Global Connect Order WorkBench software program, the program in which they order all their vehicles, the ability to 24/7 look up the status of an order. That process will continue, i.e., every dealer will continue to have the ability to look at your order status on their software system.

However, recognize that your dealer does not just have to take good care of your order, but depending on the size of their allocations, up to more than 100 per month, and as from start to finish the order process can stretch for three or even four months, tracking hundreds and hundreds of them. Hence, please be respectful of requesting your order’s status from the dealership.

GM Corvette Concierge Program

Replacing the forum-based “Customer Care” reps is the Corvette Concierge Program that launched just after the 2020 Corvette Reveal last month. GM views this new program as the preferred venue for requesting 2020 Corvette information or inquiring about your order status.

Therefore to ascertain your C8’s Order Status Code, you could, starting September 12th, but also not before your dealer has informed you that they have paired and submitted your order with a specific consensus GM granted allocation, contact either your dealership or call the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892.
I called that 866 number today and the person I talked to said a representative would call me back February 5th

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Try calling again. Others have reported this call you back days later nonsense. They have tried again and got an answer during the call.

Regardless, your dealer is really the place you should get your order info from. IMO, they need to be more than an order taker to earn their commission.

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 7 of 7 Posts