Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the apparent success of the Corvette concierge service is functioning so well, why not provide the buyer the ability to be updated automatically via e-mail weekly on the status of their purchase? Certainly, this would remove the overhead of a live person providing the updates. It would also make the buyer (customer), feel important and in the loop. The process that General Motors provides today for Corvette buyers is antiquated and wrong. Buyers are anxious and need to be informed, at least on a weekly basis. Remember, the day will come when you no longer have such a backlog of orders. One last point. Why can't a minor last-minute change request such as adding red stitching on a natural tan interior and seats be added to the order? Thank you.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Welcome to our forum montanalarry. Changes to the order are only OK up to a point in the process. Some components are executed by suppliers based on the original order specs, and therefore can't be easily changed at the last-minute.

Reactions: Denyce

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Since the apparent success of the Corvette concierge service is functioning so well, why not provide the buyer the ability to be updated automatically via e-mail weekly on the status of their purchase? Certainly, this would remove the overhead of a live person providing the updates. It would also make the buyer (customer), feel important and in the loop. The process that General Motors provides today for Corvette buyers is antiquated and wrong. Buyers are anxious and need to be informed, at least on a weekly basis. Remember, the day will come when you no longer have such a backlog of orders. One last point. Why can't a minor last-minute change request such as adding red stitching on a natural tan interior and seats be added to the order? Thank you.
The seats and interior are not stitched at the factory. They are stitched weeks in advance at suppliers, and then shipped to Bowling Green for assembly. If you tried to switch colors, there would not be any seats or interior there to build your car with the new stitching color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Back to the original question about C8 ORDER STATUS...

My salesperson would love such a system with weekly emails to the customer. It would keep me and every other buyer from bugging him so much . LOL!!!

But it would also mean the buyers would feel in the loop! It's a great idea.

Reactions: Denyce

·
Registered
29 Posts
Back to the original question about C8 ORDER STATUS...

My salesperson would love such a system with weekly emails to the customer. It would keep me and every other buyer from bugging him so much . LOL!!!

But it would also mean the buyers would feel in the loop! It's a great idea.
agreed. I have only contacted concierge once, a week ago, and they said to check back in 2-3 weeks. That really doesn't work as far as keeping me posted. I'm trying not to be a pest so have waited 8 days so far. My dealer said he would keep me posted as to changes, but he is so busy, I'm not sure he will do so.

Denyce
awaiting torch red/red int; Z51,front lift; silver engine cover; engine appearance package

·
Registered
5 Posts
agreed. I have only contacted concierge once, a week ago, and they said to check back in 2-3 weeks. That really doesn't work as far as keeping me posted. I'm trying not to be a pest so have waited 8 days so far. My dealer said he would keep me posted as to changes, but he is so busy, I'm not sure he will do so.

Denyce
awaiting torch red/red int; Z51,front lift; silver engine cover; engine appearance package
You are spending how much????and you worry about being a pest. I saw a dealer on line recently that listed ALL of his order's status. no names of course but the code for every existing order was easy to see on their site. How nice. I think we deserve a daily update on line.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How does one contact the Concierge?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are spending how much????and you worry about being a pest. I saw a dealer on line recently that listed ALL of his order's status. no names of course but the code for every existing order was easy to see on their site. How nice. I think we deserve a daily update on line.
Yeah, but I don't like to be too "pushy". You are right though. Maybe I'll contact them tomorrow!

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts

Denyce
You are paying your dealer as part of the purchase to check on the status of your car.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I saw a dealer on line recently that listed ALL of his order's status. no names of course but the code for every existing order was easy to see on their site. How nice. I think we deserve a daily update on line.
I think Kerbeck also does that. Well, they did during the C7 years. They do have a good system going there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Denyce,
Thank you for the info ( 866 424 3892 or email [email protected] ) I have emailed them and hope to get a response soon!

I have seen the list that Kerbeck in Atlantic City keeps online - I bet it keeps their customers from nagging them too much. But automatic emails would be best.

To the others who responded - thank you! (Job security... LOL!)

Ralph

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Concierge's email response about the Order Status of my C8 came within 80 minutes, which is awesome! They suggested to re-check in two weeks

But it is still at Event Description 3000-Accepted by Production Control, after 66 days. How long does it take to move to 3400? Any better/worse experiences out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Concierge's email response about the Order Status of my C8 came within 80 minutes, which is awesome! They suggested to re-check in two weeks

But it is still at Event Description 3000-Accepted by Production Control, after 66 days. How long does it take to move to 3400? Any better/worse experiences out there?

Thanks.
You will go to 3300 about 2-3 weeks before your TPW. You’ll go to 3400 about 7-10 days before your TPW, at which time you should be notified of the TPW by your dealer. If you’re a Feb allocation, the last TPW seems to be 5/17. If it helps, here are my Event Code dates:

2-15-21 ==> at 1100
2-16-21 ==> went to 2000
2-20-21 ==> went to 3000
4-8-21 ==> went to 3300
4-19-21 ==> went to 3400
TPW ==> 4/26

Based on the VIN, it appears my order will be produced on 4/28, barring any further delays.

I hope this info is useful to you.

Just out of curiosity, are you doing Museum delivery?

·
Registered
32 Posts
StingraySam:

Thank you for your information. Although mine went to 3000 three days before yours, it is still at that number even though yours has moved on ahead and you have a TPW of 4/26. CONGRATULATIONS !

Oh well. No, I did not ask for Museum delivery, did you? It's a Torch Red 2LT Convertible. Perhaps there is a delay on convertibles? I know that C8s are not built in the order they are given 3000 status.

Meanwhile I'll just think of other things and enjoy my C7 for now because at this rate the C8 will wind up being a 2022!

·
Registered
63 Posts
StingraySam:

Thank you for your information. Although mine went to 3000 three days before yours, it is still at that number even though yours has moved on ahead and you have a TPW of 4/26. CONGRATULATIONS !

Oh well. No, I did not ask for Museum delivery, did you? It's a Torch Red 2LT Convertible. Perhaps there is a delay on convertibles? I know that C8s are not built in the order they are given 3000 status.

Meanwhile I'll just think of other things and enjoy my C7 for now because at this rate the C8 will wind up being a 2022!
Thank you. Mine’s a Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic HTC.

You’re right about the production order. Because HTCs take slightly longer to assemble, they stagger their builds to keep the line moving at a steady speed. Slowing down and speeding up plays havoc with their parts timing and workflow. If you’ve never done a plant tour, you should. It’s an eye opener. If you have, you know what I mean.

I was curious if yours was an R8C because I thought that might be the reason yours is trailing. The Museum’s been swamped and I’m sure the plant controls those orders to provide a steady flow of cars to them. Although I did get R8C on both my previous C7s, I didn’t this time because of COVID.

Don’t fret, you’ll definitely get a ‘21. 3000 means you’ve received a ‘21 allocation and been accepted by Production Control, which means your order is already on the assembly plant’s computer. So now it’s just a matter of getting through the queue. You are most likely to go to 3300 next week but definitely by early the following week. Then a week to ten days later, 3400.

If, and only if, you are a Museum member or have R8C, you can contact the Delivery Department and they can give you a tentative TPW. They’re the only ones outside the assembly plant that have access to that info. Dealers and the Concierge won’t until 3400. Then you can figure out when you might go to 3300 & 3400 using the timeline I gave you in my previous post. They were spot on with mine. If you’re not a Museum member, join.

You’re lucky. I sold my GS last September in anticipation of an October/November allocation, so I’ve been going through Corvette withdrawals for the past seven months, with probably another month to go. Yikes!!

·
Vendor
198 Posts
Yes, our order list and our wait lists are available online for our customers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
YAY!!! Today it went to 3300... after 77 days in 3000. Let's see where it goes from here.

Fingers and toes crossed....🤞

1 - 20 of 23 Posts