Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Oregon C7 Owners & Future C7 Owners

12K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  STINGmole 
#1 ·
Yes, we are a small state, but we are passionate about our Corvettes. There are going to be C7's here in this beautiful state soon. If you have ordered, have plans to order or have received your C7, please post here.

So, to start, we have a C6 ZO6, which through luck and other circumstances was the #1 C6 Z06 ever delivered by the National Corvette Museum (an honor it proudly wears by inscriptions on its underside by the talented NCM PDI crew). We baby our car, but drive it long distances when we are in the mood, often to its BG birthplace. It will be making its next long trip (third x-country) in next year's Caravan. Then it will go to a good new home, when its sibling, either a 2015 C7 Z-51 Callaway version arrives or a 2015 Z06/7.

How about your current/ future Corvette?

#2 · (Edited)
From Oregon as well and I am on my 6th vette after having an '81, '88, 03 anniversary SE, '06, '09, and currently a '12 GS Roadster. Will be getting a '15 roadster next Summer after the '14 bugs are worked out and I can see what other options may be available at that time. LOVE these cars and have travelled all over the Western US in them and wherever we go, these cars attract attention like magnets attract cooties!!! So far I want a LS3 LimeRock Green roadster with Z51 kit and dark brown interior and all the goodies! having hard time waiting while some folks are getting theirs but now it is only less than a year to go so I can handle it, I think....or not!

Reactions: elegant
#6 ·
Congratulations Gringoloco (nice handle too :D ) on your great looking C7. Welcome to our forum. :cool:

Reactions: Gringoloco
#7 ·
Will be ordering a LRG Z51 today.......sold my beloved NSX and selling my M6 to get the C7 (I'm telling my wife I am "downsizing") Have never owned a corvette but this C7 looks to be an animal of a different kind. Would love to get a ride in one if one pops up in central Oregon.

#9 ·

I have had my Vette for about a month, unfortunately it snowed just after delivery and it has been living in my garage most of the time. Did get it out last weekend for a trip to the coast and it was as expected. Comfortable and fun!! to drive. In Eugene - GO DUCKS!!

Reactions: Arie 397
#11 ·
#12 ·
Have a TR convertible ordered. We are in the Portland area. Hope to do the museum delivery at the end of March, and then a fun drive home seeing family and friends. Absolutely can't wait. This will be my first vette after falling in love with them 50 years ago!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

#16 · (Edited)
Ordered mine from a dealership in Beaverton Oregon, as Alaska had zero allocations, which is fine with me because our roads would turn any car into a rattling pile of recyclables in no time. I fly down to pick it up on the 19th . The dealership is handling all the extras that I want like tinting, and opticoat pro. and it should be ready to just hop in and go. Going to spend 10 days driving, to anywhere and everywhere (been cooped up all winter, cabin fever !) I could not think of a better way to break-in the car. I plan on leaving it in storage in the pacific northwest so I can fly out to it and take it for drives to wherever seems like a good place to go at that particular time. A car is meant to be driven, and driven she'll be!
P.S. I am originally from Oregon, and haven't been back there in 24 years. It'll be interesting to see how much it has changed.

#22 ·
Hi all....just noticed the thread. I ordered my Torch Red C7 from Suburban Chevy in Sandy a couple of weeks ago (after having a horrendous experience at Carr). I'm in Vancouver myself. This will be my 3rd Stingray and 4th Corvette overall. Previously, I had a 66 Milano Maroon radio delete coupe and a 67 roadster, side exhaust, white/teal, both cars 327/350 and NCRS. Never should have sold them lol. I'm in Vancouver myself and hoping to maybe meet some other local Vette-ers along the way. Thanks!

Greg

#23 ·
Suburban has a good rep, I initially had my LRG order with them in 13 before changing my mind on color and ordering a TR from Dave Smith in Idaho (for a substantial discount).....coming up on 2 years of ownership now and not disappointed in my decision to sell 2 awesome cars to get the C7. It's quite an achievement from Chevy and it feels good to own (for the first time) an American made car .

#25 · (Edited)
Have known Tim Sweere and Suburban Chevrolet's owner Nancy Jakish for a while. They are outstanding people. Nancy is a Corvette lover and owner, and joined last year's National Corvette Caravan in her personal Z06. There is a reason why Suburban has been the the # 1 Corvette dealer in Oregon for a long time!

And they also have Rick Wenger as their Parts Manager, another really good person, as their leader of the Trunk Monkey parts program.

We are thrilled to have "subchev" as one of our forum vendors!!!

#26 ·
Brand new Oregon owner here in Salem area. 2016 Arctic White Z51. Only 460 miles on her as of now, but all is well so far. Looking forward to some autocross, track days and weekend drives this summer.

I've been a sports car and sports bike fan for many years but this is my first Vette. First time I've ever really liked Vettes to be honest. The styling and functional improvements of the C7 really won me over. I've had an STI, S2000, Elise, Exige S and a few sport bikes over the years. Hoping I get as much enjoyment out of the new Vette as I had with many of those other toys.

Also hoping to meet up with some other C7 owners in the area for some weekend drives down 224, 47 or some other nice, twisty road.

#27 ·
Welcome "fightingforair" and congratulations on your first Corvette! May there be many more in your future.

I will look forward to seeing you/your car, as I live very close.

#28 ·
Welcome to our forum fightingforair and congrats on your AW Z51! :cool:

#30 · (Edited)
Fightingforair: Welcome! I too was won over by the C7's looks/ performance. We have some great curving roads to drive these great cars over.

Don't forget about Portland Cars & Coffee at the World of Speed in Wilsonville, Saturday mornings 8am. It's a short drive up I-5 from Salem, always a good reason to drive. You can't let the rain stop you!

#31 ·
I too live in South Salem and I think I may have seen you if your plate is C7. Our Club Willamette Valley Corvette Association is going on a cruise this Sunday to Astoria, so if you are interested, PM me and I will get you all the information, and it would be great if you would consider joining our Club!

#36 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I hope to get hooked up with other C7 and Vette enthusiasts locally. I just need to make time. I'll pm some of you and see when I can make a cars and coffee or weekend drive with some of you. I was going to run the autocross tomorrow at the Fairgrounds but not if it's going to be pouring rain. I may just wait until the next event.

I've now got the car well broken in and have had zero issues so far (knock on wood). Have taken some of my favorite twisties (Windsor Island, 47, 224, etc.) Car is definitely bigger than my old Elise and Exige but still feels nimble and changes direction nicely. So far, I'm loving it.

Hope all is well for all of you and hope to meet up with some of you soon.

#41 ·
( taken some of my favorite twisties (Windsor Island, 47, 224, etc.) Car is definitely bigger than my old Elise and Exige but still feels nimble and changes direction nicely.
Ah, Windsor Island....when I think of the car related "adventures" I had on that road in my youth, I'm glad to still be alive.

Congrats on the car! My AW Stingray arrives tomorrow....I can't wait! I plan on taking it down to Salem on Thursday for some break in miles, and might revisit some of those roads while I'm there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.