Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a bad boy! :rock: This should keep things cooler. Now if I could get a t stat made?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ben,
Do you have a thermostat? What temp, 180°? There's a wall of tables to adjust so the C7 will accept 180-190° as operating temp!!

What I wouldn't give to have my radiator back right, how much thicker is the new radiator & what about the hood duct are you having trim it?

Wormwood

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben,
Do you have a thermostat? What temp, 180°? There's a wall of tables to adjust so the C7 will accept 180-190° as operating temp!!

What I wouldn't give to have my radiator back right, how much thicker is the new radiator & what about the hood duct are you having trim it?

Wormwood
We're making a lower t stat right now as well. I've seen the tables and am very curious to get this in and begin testing before lowering the t stat operating temps significantly.

What do you mean by "having your radiator back right?" This unit is 2.25" core and nearly 26" wide

·
Registered
658 Posts
rectangular, made of aluminum, has some ports on it, holds coolant... anything else? lol
Ok, that's a shit reply....

Specs as in cooling area over stock? Is it direct bolt in replacement and stock dimension? What is the expected max hp with this unit?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Maybe I'm slow, maybe I'm not. What problem does the new radiator fix? Same for a lower temp thermostat?

·
Registered
658 Posts
New radiator is for higher hp cars. The added hp creates more heat and a more efficient radiator helps keep heat more manageable.

·
Registered
993 Posts
New radiator is for higher hp cars. The added hp creates more heat and a more efficient radiator helps keep heat more manageable.
I guess I missed the test data showing how much more efficient the new radiator is compared to a stock one.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Sinner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts