Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Steve is a very talented artist and a really cool guy....He did the below for my C7, we will work on a hood liner and under hood dress up for the Z06
View attachment 28869
Those flames are way too realistic. I think I would panic every time I open the hood. Beautiful headliner.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow! There's Jessica.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Double check this has not changed, but Steve sent me a brand new set of better than factory new clips when he shipped me my new hood liner. His advice to me at that time, was just remove them without regard to damaging them (and if you want identical-to-factory ones for history, they are readily available from your parts counter).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also had a great experience with Steve Ray and found that he is not only an excellent artist but is also wonderful to work with! When I called him to ask about his doing an airbrushed hood liner for my Laguna Blue C7 Stingray he was extremely helpful and took a personal interest in helping design an absolutely beautiful liner for my car. To this end we communicated several times by phone and by e-mail to get the attached hood liner which draws raves and compliments by everyone who has seen it!!!

IMG_20150805_182645.jpg

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Here is that same liner just before we installed it. Pictures give those considering how a hood liner gets installed, a clear understanding of how easily that happens. As Steve Ray suggested, start by carefully installing the two lowest tabs into the slots on the hood frame. From there, a piece of case. Total install time was about one minute.

image.jpg

The color match of this hood liner and the Laguna Blue body is absolute perfection! And in the sunshine, pops even more (if that is even possible).

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like the two little flame foxes on Lipstiks liner, they are a cool addition!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts