Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over 2 weeks and still nothing. Pretty cut and dry, they even said they'd send it back below on April 29th. BUYER BEWARE! This petty nonsense is just absolutely ridiculous at this point. I've never had to complain about anyone but after multiple requests and acknowledgments my property or a replacement has not been sent to me. Up next will be reviews, BBB complaints, and ultimately a police report and small claims court.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-discussions/4101-buyer-beware-thedoubleaa-com-ds-vettes.html

"On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Ben Herndon <[email protected]> wrote:
The car is an auto. The wheel was brand new, drop shipped from Lindsay Cadillac. Please make sure I receive a new wheel back. It was all black leather, black stitching, no suede.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:38 PM, DSV . <[email protected]> wrote:
Please let me know if the C7 wheel was for automatic or manual car so we can send back the correct one.

Subject: Re: V and Vette logos and steering wheels
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:27:13 -0400
To: [email protected]

address:
weaponX
506 western ave
Covington ky 41011

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:44 AM, "DSV ." <[email protected]> wrote:

They are going back tomorrow.

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:49:05 -0400
CC: [email protected]

This is ridiculous. SEND MY DAMN STEERING WHEELS BACK!

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Ben Weapon X <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm still waiting...

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Andrew anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

Lino can you send him his wheels back as he hasn't heard anything on them.

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:14:28 -0400

I"m done with this nonsense. Send my wheels back. You guys have had these for THREE MONTHS and I haven't even been able to get a simple update. I'm going to use someone else and will be sharing this experience.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Ben Weapon X <[email protected]> wrote:
Thx

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 19, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Andrew anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

I sent a message to dsv to see what the word is.

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:29:31 -0400

What is going on with this. I'm getting pretty irritated. This is the second or third email I've sent without a reply.

Thanks,
Ben"

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Report the thread all you want. Your reason of reporting: "really" is pretty lame.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RETURN/REPLACE MY PROPERTY AND THIS ALL GOES AWAY!

"Andrew6 ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

Over 2 weeks now and doubleAA Andrew and DSV still have not returned my C7 wheel!
Over 2 weeks now and doubleAA Andrew and DSV still have not returned my C7 wheel!

This is part of this thread:

This is the reason that the user gave:
really?"

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well since I have received not an email since nor pm I guess this is the platform you choose to go with. You never PAID for a product so you never received it.
Since you chose not to pay and chose to have your cores returned I am very ok with that as well. With that being said; the wheel you sent to DSV had the leather removed and was prepped for D shaping which was never covered as you never PAID for it. When asked what your pay pal address was to send you a refund to buy a new core no response was given in any format. DSV said they will just send a wheel back to you as I have no cares to have another dealing with you.

I'm not really sure what your agenda is but I'd appreciate you respond via pm or email as being vendors I don't feel this is a proper way of handling yourself.

Thank you.

Andrew
[email protected] or Gmail.com

Feel free to contact Gerry or Lino directly for any further updates.
[email protected]

It's been over 2 weeks and still nothing. Pretty cut and dry, they even said they'd send it back below on April 29th. BUYER BEWARE! This petty nonsense is just absolutely ridiculous at this point. I've never had to complain about anyone but after multiple requests and acknowledgments my property or a replacement has not been sent to me. Up next will be reviews, BBB complaints, and ultimately a police report and small claims court.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-discussions/4101-buyer-beware-thedoubleaa-com-ds-vettes.html

"On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Ben Herndon <[email protected]> wrote:
The car is an auto. The wheel was brand new, drop shipped from Lindsay Cadillac. Please make sure I receive a new wheel back. It was all black leather, black stitching, no suede.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:38 PM, DSV . <[email protected]> wrote:
Please let me know if the C7 wheel was for automatic or manual car so we can send back the correct one.

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:27:13 -0400

address:
weaponX
506 western ave
Covington ky 41011

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:44 AM, "DSV ." <[email protected]> wrote:

They are going back tomorrow.

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:49:05 -0400
CC: [email protected]

This is ridiculous. SEND MY DAMN STEERING WHEELS BACK!

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Ben Weapon X <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm still waiting...

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Andrew anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

Lino can you send him his wheels back as he hasn't heard anything on them.

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:14:28 -0400

I"m done with this nonsense. Send my wheels back. You guys have had these for THREE MONTHS and I haven't even been able to get a simple update. I'm going to use someone else and will be sharing this experience.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Ben Weapon X <[email protected]> wrote:
Thx

Thanks,
Ben

On Apr 19, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Andrew anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

I sent a message to dsv to see what the word is.

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:29:31 -0400

What is going on with this. I'm getting pretty irritated. This is the second or third email I've sent without a reply.

Thanks,
Ben"

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 the agreement was you guys were going to SPONSOR the two wheels for advertising.
2 then you said I'd get 20% off of future orders
3 then you tried to charge me FULL PRICE for my wheels lol
4 when I questioned it, you said you were going to get with DSV and see what they would do and then I heard nothing for weeks after multiple inquiries

At this point I couldn't care less, I ordered and sent you a new wheel. I expect a new wheel returned. All the other dribble above is just CYA. I have no agenda whatsoever, your nonchalance and "service" makes me wonder how you're even in business. This is seriously the most ridiculous and petty thing I've ever been involved in.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I really don't want to fan the flames here though I expect that is exactly what could happen. This has been an interesting exchange but it has given me second thoughts about having any dealings with any of the vendors involved. Since I'm new to the Corvette scene, I'm a little reluctant to go willy nilly to all of the vendors out there. Thanks for helping narrow the choices.

In the meantime I really do hope you guys get the whole steering wheel fiasco sorted out and find a solution where you can both walk away relatively unscathed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It is unprofessional and inappropriate to argue in a format like this. Please see previous post about contacting DSV directly. If you have an issue with me feel free to contact me as well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't want to fan the flames here though I expect that is exactly what could happen. This has been an interesting exchange but it has given me second thoughts about having any dealings with any of the vendors involved. Since I'm new to the Corvette scene, I'm a little reluctant to go willy nilly to all of the vendors out there. Thanks for helping narrow the choices.

In the meantime I really do hope you guys get the whole steering wheel fiasco sorted out and find a solution where you can both walk away relatively unscathed.
While I'm sorry you feel this way, I'm sure you would also be upset if someone so nonchalantly had your property and chose not to make any effort to return it. While I realize public drama makes both parties look bad, you will not find any other drama I've been involved with and I gave this guy fair warning even after things went south to return my property and he made no effort whatsoever.

It is unprofessional and inappropriate to argue in a format like this. Please see previous post about contacting DSV directly. If you have an issue with me feel free to contact me as well.
Unprofessional and inappropriate is the way you've treated a potential client. I'm sure you would LOVE to get this back offline so you can go back to ignoring the situation. You were warned on April 24th before I took this public that all I wanted was my property back. You chose to ignore this as well:

"Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:14:28 -0400

I"m done with this nonsense. Send my wheels back. You guys have had these for THREE MONTHS and I haven't even been able to get a simple update. I'm going to use someone else and will be sharing this experience. "

You and DSV have failed to return my products after acknowledging this over 2 weeks ago, so I'll pass on emailing them. Why should I get with them again after they've already failed to return my wheel???? DSV is your vendor and the entire reason we're here is you took no proactivity at all to manage this situation and deal with your vendor. DSV said they'd send my wheels back on April 30th.

"On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:44 AM, "DSV ." <[email protected]> wrote:
They are going back tomorrow."

I'm not reaching out to anyone else for anything. I sent you a wheel and I expect one back. This is SO simple it still just baffles me how you could've avoided this by just sending me back a wheel but you just keep choosing otherwise. I'm appalled at it honestly and I really do feel bad to keep airing this out, but I refuse to be taken advantage of. Regardless of the he said/she said BS, you have my property and have made 0 effort to rectify it other than trying to pass the buck with DSV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys
I sure hope you guys get this figured out. This was previously dealt with on another thread and chip locked it and asked for it to be taken offline. Would you please respect the site and the request and take it offline. I'm sure it sucks for someone to have your property however the loss you both can take due to the rumblings online like this will far outweigh the cost if the wheel.
I do realize it's the principal not the money however at what point is is it enough???

I think we are there.

Wade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts