Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Owner update

11K views 96 replies 48 participants last post by  RUMFITS 
RedHot has at the moment about 6k miles since picking her up at the Museum October 29th. She is driven several times a week with the exception of a 5 week period when I was not around. Here is a succinct summary of my impressions:
• Overall mpg since picking her up: 25 mpg. Typically get 30+ mpg on the highway at an average speed of 75 mph. Weekly driving includes short trips of 12 to 15 miles and medium length trips of 30 to 50 miles. Longer trips include highway and city, shorter trips city only. Primary gas used: Costco 91 (without ethanol).
• I have experienced absolutely no issues to date.
• Changed the oil and filter at 2500 miles.
• Handling (including braking, cornering, steering, stability and acceleration) around town, on the highway, through the twisties and in properly controlled environments in the triple digits ranks as the best of any car I have owned or driven.
• The automatic is quick, precise and up to the challenge of delivering the impressive horsepower and torque to the rear wheels. I use the paddle shifting almost every time I drive her for some of the drive.
• The cruise control is the most accurate of my cars, especially being able to maintain the set speed up and down inclines.
• Never get tired of the V8 symphony with NPP set to be always open.
• Removal of the transparent roof panel got much easier after the first few times in terms of handling it by myself, storing it, and putting it back on. The gasket became much more compliant by about the 5th time making the re-installation of the panel very easy.
• Trunk closes much easier, again with the gasket becoming more compliant with use.
• Fit and finish is exceptional outside and in.
• Since I have tended to put any ‘hints’ regarding operating in various posts will not repeat those here.

In sum, this car continues to be a total delight to drive, to look at and garners lots of positive comments every time it is out.

Thanks for the great write-up sallye! :cool:

Reactions: tmcternan
Thanks for the well written very descriptive update Ken. You certainly do have a beautiful car!:cool:

Reactions: smokey12
Today I had my first service for my C7 at my local Chevrolet dealer (where I did not buy the car). I had an oil change, filter change, check rear diff and check the air filter for oil. My Stingray was the first they had ever touched, though I was advised that they had gone to the training and had the correct tools for the job.. I live in a small town and, to my knowledge, they have not had a Stingray on the showroom floor.

About a week ago, when I set up the appointment, I talked to the service manager and when he asked what type of car I had and I said "Stingray", he said: "oh, the green one; we have all seen that car out." The tech (who is a foreman there at the dealership where I did not buy the car) told me that he had undergone the Stingray specific training and had worked on 2013 Z06 in the past, so he understood dry sump. Incidentally, my milage was 1178 (82% oil life) at the time of this service (my choice to use up one of my four freebies). After the service was performed, the tech who worked on the car greeted me, told me that the diff was full, the air filter had no oil and that my changed oil was pristine. He clearly enjoyed working on this car. Makes you feel like a rock star!

The Service Department was accommodating, professional and the premises were clean, well-lit, and organized. I thanked all of the personnel profusely and will be going back there for all of my service needs.
That is certainly the type of professional service I like to hear about- especially where you did not buy from the servicing dealer- and hope most of us will experience with our Stingrays! My dealer experience has been exceptional as well (purchased from them but had NCM delivery). Also glad to hear that you had no issues re the oil in the air filter/chamber and your differential was properly filled. Thanks for the update. :cool:

Reactions: docjb
Nice write-up cutnout! :cool:

That's great news PKSerda! Have a fantastic and safe drive home with your new Vette :cool:

That's great Photoman03! Will you be driving it back to Wisconsin from NCM?:cool:

As Chip noted a reflash should help. RedHot had some issues and they did software updates: PIC5976 (specific to the HVAC issues I was experiencing), and then PI1101B for "HVAC, IPC, BCM AND RADIO". Regarding your system not running in Auto mode if you press Face or Floor vent modes, that is correct. Auto Mode determines which area or areas to send the cold air to and if you press one or more of the alternatives, such as face or floor, you are over-riding the Auto mode.

Your AC should easily be able to keep up with your heat. We have already had triple digit temps here in Vegas and the RedHot's AC has no problem keeping the interior as cold as you would like it. Even running the Stingrays extremely hard out at Ron Fellow's High Performance driving school in 90+ temps we found the AC very capable of keeping the interior cool. Hopefully a software update and possibly making sure the refrigerant is correctly filled in your unit will resolve your issues SeaBear.:cool:

Looks great CK Bladesmith- just a bit of excitement showing there in your smile ;) Enjoy!:cool:

Reactions: CK_Bladesmith
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.