Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Ownership "How to" Thread

23K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Administrator jsvette 
#1 ·
I found the following videos on the operation of many of the features of the new C7. I hope they shed a little light on the operation and use of the many features of the car and will also hopefully reduce our "learning curve". I considered putting this in the ownership logbook forum, but wanted everyone to be able to see them. If those of you that already own this car have a better way of using these features please let us know about them.

#1 Linking the Driver Mode Display with the Dashboard in a 2014 Stingray Corvette

#8 ·
Thanks Chip!

#11 ·
Don't have the car yet, but those are helpful tips! I can't wait until it shows up at the dealership so I can jump in and turn the steering to track in all modes. My salesman will be so confused.

#13 · (Edited)
If you have an iPad or tablet, put the infotainment manual and owners manual on it in PDF. This will allow you just search faster than the written manual. Now go get your favorite beverage, and go sit in the car and start playing with the controls. Move and touch everything and every possible menu selection in the display. Then look it up. I guarantee that this will solve 98% of your problem, you just need to play with it. It is only a difficult car if you investigate the whole interface "lightly". You need an hour immersion in this, and then honestly, it's easy and quite intuitive. The manuals do have a few erroneous bits of info but overall helpful.

THIS IS A DASH THAT NEEDS THE MANUAL TO BE READ, to get the most fun out of what you bought.

#16 ·
This is an excellent thread Chip, thanks so much! It is VERY helpful.

#21 ·
Thanks for posting. Nice to know you can lock up the compartment behind the main screen using valet mode. Did not know that:cool:

Reactions: Gringoloco
#23 ·
Thanks for the clips Chip and mcginna.....Being up in the northeast I haven't had much chance to drive my Stingray but your clips gave me the idea to at least play with the settings.....

#27 ·
What are the specs on your C7? Does it have NPP? If you don't have NPP you don't have control over your exhaust. If you do have NPP go to your settings, engine sound management and you will find you can set it to the various modes independent of the Drive Mode you are in.

#29 ·
I may be misunderstanding you post. Are you saying that you don't have the option listed for "Off"? Choosing that does not turn off the exhaust sound, what "Off" does is turns off the 'link' between the exhaust tone and the Drive Mode you are in. So you can have your NPP always ready to be 'loud' when you step on the accelerator regardless of whether you are in Eco, Weather, Tour, Sport or Track Driving Mode. However, even if you have set it to "Off" (again meaning it is not linked to the Drive Mode), when you let off the gas the exhaust will become fairly quite until you step on the gas again. So if you are cruising along but not stepping enthusiastically on the accelerator, the exhaust will be pretty tame.

#31 ·
No C7 has an "off button" what you should have is in the settings menu under engine sound management. The "Off" option sets the NPP to operate independent of Engine Mode selection. For further information see your Owners Manual under personalization.

#33 · (Edited)
There is no off setting on a 15 in the menu. . And I do have NPP.
Please refer to your 2015 Owners Manual page 5-46 center of the page "Engine Sound Management: This allows the Engine Sound Management feature to be turned on or off. Select Auto (Mode Selector) or OFF." Emphasis is directly from the Owners Manual

Reactions: RubberBurner
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.