Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
No artificially exhaust nor motor induced sounds in the C7!

IF one has the performance exhaust, you can set the exhaust loudness independent of the mode your selected on your driver mode selector (DMS, the round knob on center console). On a Z06, have seven different exhaust loudness settings. To set your exhaust, all of the following in order please:

Turn engine on;

On center infotainment screen, press the "Home" button just below the center of the screen, a touch left of the side-to-side center point;

Press "Settings";

Touch "Driving Mode";

Touch "Engine Sound Management";

Touch your sound preference;

If you want your exhaust set to the loudest setting, touch the vertical slide bar on the right side of the screen and slide it down to see the "Track" option.

Return to the main menu.

Personally, mine stays in track mode UNLESS we are on a long trip, when we set it to tour. Whatever works best for you.

Similarly, you can go this route if you want your steering sensitivity to be the same in every DMS mode. Again, with your engine on, select driving mode, then steering, then set to what you want. As I will change my DMS modes depending on a wide variety of things, but do not want my specific steering input to change dependent on my driving mode, have always left my steering to "sport."

Love this adjustability!
Hey Elegant, just to clarify your info above: Are you saying that Track is louder than Sport, as in the valves are further open than in Sport because I assumed they were either full open or closed, I'm speaking of the second pair of pipes specifically. I'm flipping in to Sport occasionally with the specific intent of getting the full volume out of those 4 pipes and I may be short changing myself by not placing it in a default Track mode.

·
Administrator
16,495 Posts
Hey Elegant, just to clarify your info above: Are you saying that Track is louder than Sport, as in the valves are further open than in Sport because I assumed they were either full open or closed, I'm speaking of the second pair of pipes specifically. I'm flipping in to Sport occasionally with the specific intent of getting the full volume out of those 4 pipes and I may be short changing myself by not placing it in a default Track mode.
The chart in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Owner Manual showing the interface between drive mode setting and all of the components the respective setting impacts, shows 4 distinct related settings for the exhaust mode: 2 ECO (one for Weather and one for Eco), Tour, Sport, and Track. I believe it is not actually any louder per se between Sport and Track, but rather will sound louder due to the fuel management, throttle progression and length of time holding a specific gear being modified.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts