Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Apparently Jeremy knows the girl who owns that car. Well, at least he has been posting about it here. Renee something from Alabama, I think.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
A better post would read... paint ruined at Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant.

Gotta love the orange peel!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Orange peel? Look your car over better. In addition to orange peel you will also find panel imperfections, drip marks, and other lines. Especially on a black one, like mine. From a foot away it looks stunning, go and inspect, and it looks rough. Not to mention after driving 3000 miles without splash guards I have bird shot all over lower sides of car. Car should come standard with splash guards.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My rear quarters look like birdshot hit them too.

I've had the larger GM splash guards on since I drove it out of the dealership and I've only got 1021 miles on it.

The GM aftermarket are completely worthless and a waste of money. They do NOTHING to block debris from the tires. The extend about in inch outside the front fenders, but don't extend down past the fenders. Everything the tires picks up is still thrown at rear quarterpanels.

I ordered RPI's Phase II Side Skirts so that should take care of the rock problem.

Splashguards.jpg

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

I've had the larger GM splash guards on since I drove it out of the dealership and I've onky got 1021 miles on it.

The GM aftermarket are completely worthless and a waste of money.

I ordered RPI's Phase II Side Skirts so that should take care of the rock problem.
Let us know how it goes when you get them. Pictures would be great!

·
Banned
631 Posts
This was done by someone familiar with paint strippers.....scum bag. The punks that key nice cars as well need to have something nice they worked for ruined while they watch to be on the receiving end for a change.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Last time I saw a car this messed up, it was from a boy friend that caught his girl at another guys house. This has to be personal.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
579 Posts

I've had the larger GM splash guards on since I drove it out of the dealership and I've only got 1021 miles on it.

The GM aftermarket are completely worthless and a waste of money. They do NOTHING to block debris from the tires. The extend about in inch outside the front fenders, but don't extend down past the fenders. Everything the tires picks up is still thrown at rear quarterpanels.

So your larger front splash guards are not helping in protecting your rear quarter panels?? I would think rear splash guards would be able to protect. FYI Side skirts will not protect rear quarter panels. :cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the rear splash guards from GM also. The problem area is between the door and rear wheel well.

The RPI Phase II side skirts extend from the edge of front fender to the edge of the rear quarter panel. Any rocks or road debris will have to go out, around, and back over the side skirt to hit the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Guess I think of a Rear Quarter panel is behind rear tire.. :cool:

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Xpel on my lower rockers and in front of the rear tires works great. After 6,000 miles, no rock chips or buck shot.
IMO the splash guards are too small to be of much benefit. They only extend a little bit, more for show than anything else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts