Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Corvette Stingray White 3LT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this guy for just a little over 6 months... I don’t want black all around... I’m in SoCal.. I could always order primed and have them painted by any old body shop.. But is there anyone out there who has a little experience with this kind of thing?? I purchased a painted spoiler on ebay, and drilled into my baby myself!!!

C1941231-3D33-4D34-A923-DBBBD6191EC3.jpeg

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,689 Posts
In the past, put on a few side skirts, shipped primed in flat black, rattle canned in carbon flash, buffed out and installed, turned out great.
Is that what you want to do, do it yourself?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I ordered my 2016 Z06 with Body Colored Vents and the minimal aero. I then bought body colored side skirts from RPI Designs and had them installed. They fit fine and the paint/workmanship was excellent. I really don't care about the front splitter as it is not very visible, and I was not going to change the rear spoiler (It is black on the Z06 but not too big). I also added extra wide front mud flaps, home made from auto parts store ones as detailed in several threads here.Between the skirts and flaps pretty much eliminated the stone chip problem on the rear quarter panels. --Bob

SideSkirts (5).JPG

2016VAShowMudFlaps.JPG

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Norm.. Thx for responding… unfortunately I don’t have any real paint experience.. And definitely don’t wanna learn on this car.. Currently don’t have full access to a secure area that would allow for this type of fun..

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my 2016 Z06 with Body Colored Vents and the minimal aero. I then bought body colored side skirts from RPI Designs and had them installed. They fit fine and the paint/workmanship was excellent. I really don't care about the front splitter as it is not very visible, and I was not going to change the rear spoiler (It is black on the Z06 but not too big). I also added extra wide front mud flaps, home made from auto parts store ones as detailed in several threads here.Between the skirts and flaps pretty much eliminated the stone chip problem on the rear quarter panels. --Bob

View attachment 280554

View attachment 280555
Bob… that looks great!!!

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
Norm.. Thx for responding… unfortunately I don’t have any real paint experience.. And definitely don’t wanna learn on this car.. Currently don’t have full access to a secure area that would allow for this type of fun..
OK, then what is it that you exactly want to do, you have no access to do it yourself, what's your next step?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, then what is it that you exactly want to do, you have no access to do it yourself, what's your next step?
Looking for maybe a vendor and or a person that may have all the product … and the ability to paint it white as well.. I have come across one place … but nothing yet on decent rock guards.. although I could always go with GM painted ones.. there just not very wide…

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
See pm (conversation here), have some info for you.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Bob… that looks great!!!
Thanks--I like it too. I should add that I had RPI ship the side skirts directly to my local Chevy dealer, which has a separate High Performance department run by a long time friend who has worked on my ZR-1s among other cars. He installed the side skirts on a lift in about a half an hour using self tapping screws (a little different than the instructions from RPI; they recommended drilling holes and using slightly different screws) and they have always held on just fine over four years and 20,000 miles. BTW I thought the paint match was spot on and the total cost was under $700. My Chevy guy installed them for free but you should expect to pay for an hour of labor if you have it done. --Bob

Reactions: ToddsC7

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'm very satisfied with my side skirts (carbon flash) and custom painted Z06 grill which came from RPI.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking for maybe a vendor and or a person that may have all the product … and the ability to paint it white as well.. I have come across one place … but nothing yet on decent rock guards.. although I could always go with GM painted ones.. there just not very wide…
We can help you with the splitter and side skirts.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,162 Posts
Car is Gorgeous and looks great!

One of the things I like least about the C7 is the plastic unfinished look the front Spats / Wheel Molding / Mud Guards. I wondered if you have given any thought about those painting the Wheel Spats and Mud Guards either Carbon Flash or Color matching......Just a thought!

View attachment 280554

View attachment 280555

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Actually, Kyle, I think that RPI sells body colored painted spats but no, I have not felt the need to paint mined or get them from RPI. It might be a nice look but I am lazy and cheap and really don't mind the current look. But one day, you never know. I would like to see some body colored ones in person. Who knows? Maybe someday. --Bob

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,162 Posts
Bob,

Your car is really a beauty "as is" and nothing wrong with being cheap aka FRUGAL LOL 🤣 🤣 🤣 ... I've seen a few around with the color-match but I really like the Carbon Flash as a nice compliment and contrast with what you've done with the skirts and fender vents being color match coordinated.

Actually, Kyle, I think that RPI sells body colored painted spats but no, I have not felt the need to paint mined or get them from RPI. It might be a nice look but I am lazy and cheap and really don't mind the current look. But one day, you never know. I would like to see some body colored ones in person. Who knows? Maybe someday. --Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts