1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
gunna have to go with before looking better

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like it... a little bit different than making it black... wonder how it would look 'body color', say... on a torch red car? Any guys good enough to 'Photoshop' this so I could see?

The other thought, is that you can buy 'washable' spray paint for cars... so you can 'try' a treatment, before you commit to a permanent paint job.

I did this with the lower rear of my 2003 Millenium Yellow convertible... ended up not caring for it all that much, so just washed it off.
DSC03933.JPG

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it... a little bit different than making it black... wonder how it would look 'body color', say... on a torch red car? Any guys good enough to 'Photoshop' this so I could see?

The other thought, is that you can buy 'washable' spray paint for cars... so you can 'try' a treatment, before you commit to a permanent paint job.

I did this with the lower rear of my 2003 Millenium Yellow convertible... ended up not caring for it all that much, so just washed it off.
View attachment 1214
I can photoshop but not home wont be able to do till tomorrow night though

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks CQ4Life for detailing each and every step, so those who wish now have a very-helpful process!
No problem.. was pretty simple..
Sand with 600 grit then clean
Prime it..
sand with 2000 grit then clean
Paint it color u want
Wet Sand very lightly 2000 grit then clean
Then clear coat
Then if want rubbing compound try to smooth that out more (I didnt do)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the offer GO4life.... would love to see what it would look like.

Also, even though I won't have mine for a several weeks still... placed an order for an indoor protective cover.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer GO4life.... would love to see what it would look like.

Also, even though I won't have mine for a several weeks still... placed an order for an indoor protective cover.
In Black (GM original unveil)

Photoshopped real fast before GF gets on my case

·
Registered
404 Posts
Really appreciate it... helps in visualizing a lot. But I think final decision will have to be made with some temporary paint (or tape) on the actual car. Thanks again.

Hey... Fishkill NY... is that like Fishkill Falls? Had a friend MANY years ago (60's-70s), that worked for a large company there, I think IBM (or someone like that)?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really appreciate it... helps in visualizing a lot. But I think final decision will have to be made with some temporary paint (or tape) on the actual car. Thanks again.

Hey... Fishkill NY... is that like Fishkill Falls? Had a friend MANY years ago (60's-70s), that worked for a large company there, I think IBM (or someone like that)?
Yeah computer never as good as seeing in person

yeah IBM in wappinger falls which is 5 mins away..

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Does anyone know what this option;(RZ9 LPO, Grille, painted Cyber Gray) looks like? If so, does it have the chrome bar?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Funny when I look at the before and after picture it looks like you painted the whole car a different color. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts