Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about different color options for the Z06, and I really like the blue interior. Just curious, if I wanted to paint my brake calipers blue for a blue/arctic white/carbon flash theme and had it professionally done, would it void any warranties? Would powder coat be the best option?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I've been thinking about different color options for the Z06, and I really like the blue interior. Just curious, if I wanted to paint my brake calipers blue for a blue/arctic white/carbon flash theme and had it professionally done, would it void any warranties? Would powder coat be the best option?
Paint will be the cheapest option of the two and will be the least durable as well. Powder coating will require the extra expense of removal & replacement plus brake bleeding, but will be the most durable option.

·
18,670 Posts
If one chooses paint, needs to be high temperature paint, at least 500 degree engine paint, preferably 900 degree caliper paint. PM me if you want a reference and e mail for an outstanding Corvette caliper powder coater.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If one chooses paint, needs to be high temperature paint, at least 500 degree engine paint, preferably 900 degree caliper paint. PM me if you want a reference and e mail for an outstanding Corvette caliper powder coater.
Did you paint your calipers yellow? Did the color match the body color, VY ? I have heard that you don't have to use high temp paint if you are not tracking the car?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
842 Posts
That #4 post was from 2014 but you still might/might not get a response. Also, look to the bottom of the page and you will see other threads related to painting calipers and/or do a word search in the search field at the top of the page.

Did you paint your calipers yellow? Did the color match the body color, VY ? I have heard that you don't have to use high temp paint if you are not tracking the car?

·
18,670 Posts
Re what Stormingnorman said/quoted, that one does not need to use high temperature caliber paint if not tracking it, that is sure not a risk I am willing to take. Every smell your brakes when coming down a long mountain curvy drive? What if you make the wrong call on this and your caliber paint gets too hot and turns brown? Or worse starts on fire?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts