Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'm having my 2015 Z51 OEM black calipers professionally painted and clear coated red. Does anyone know the OEM red caliper paint color code? It is probably Torch Red but I don't know. I'm failing in my google searches.

Also, after last night's C8 reveal, the C8 visualizer build program shows 2 red caliper options. One a bright red and one more subtle. On the visualizer the bright red calipers against my Blade Silver are like WOW! Would love to know what color code they are. I know I can work with the paint shop to develop a customized red but would love to start with some actual reference codes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Screenshot (39).png

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
The caliper color codes are on here somewhere. I remember they were posted some years ago. You just need to dig for them.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
A girl in high school once said, "Rodd, you are chocked full of useless information."

WA816U

The above was eventually found by Googling the following line and clicking through until finding it on the paintscratch website.

color interior code paint norm site:www.stingrayforums.com

I recalled that Norm had been the one to post it, and that it had also listed color codes to match interior colors. That was enough to find it.

I hope the match is good. I can't make any guarantees, of course. The match is only as good as the paintscratch claims that it match, and the person who actually mixes the paint. Who knows? I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Oh, and of course, the paint reference code for the Torch Red on the body of the C7 is WA9075. WA816U is supposedly close to that, and supposedly matches the calipers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A girl in high school one said, "Rodd, you are chocked full of useless information."

WA816U

The above was eventually found by Googling the following line and clicking through until finding it on the paintscratch website.

color interior code paint norm site:www.stingrayforums.com

I recalled that Norm had been the one to post it, and that it had also listed color codes to match interior colors. That was enough to find it.

I hope the match is good. I can't make any guarantees, of course. The match is only as good as the paintscratch claims that it match, and the person who actually mixes the paint. Who knows? I hope it works out for you.
That's funny Rodd. Did you marry that girl? Thanks so much. I appreciate you investing the time to find the code!

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
That's funny Rodd. Did you marry that girl? Thanks so much. I appreciate you investing the time to find the code!
No, we never dated. She is still a good friend to this day.

You are welcome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decision time and I value your feedback.

So thanks to Rodney I have the C7 codes which are the C7 Torch Reds and I’m confident this would be a fine choice. However, the C8 is offering two factory red caliper options and the Bright Red looks stunning on the C8 visualizer and seems to be brighter than the C7 Torch Red. Subtle but brighter and sometimes it’s the subtle that can make a striking difference.

What I believe I’ve discovered is the C6 Torch Red is a shade brighter than the C7. I’m working off computer images and that’s a disadvantage. Finally my question - is C6 Torch Red a shade brighter than C7 Torch Red?

And lastly, if the C6 is brighter, what color do you vote? C6 or C7?

Thanks in advance and thanks to everyone for all the valuable information you’ve shared with me during my first year of owning a C7 “Masterpiece”.

·
Administrator
15,045 Posts
Well done! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
426 Posts
There was a previous discussion somewhere about cost to have Calipers professionally done vs. trying to do it yourself and I have heard anywhere from $200-$300.

Do you mind sharing and what kind of shop did you find that does that kind of work. I want to have my wife's Cayenne Calipers repainted which is why I am curiously inquiring.

'm having my 2015 Z51 OEM black calipers professionally painted and clear coated red. Does anyone know the OEM red caliper paint color code? It is probably Torch Red but I don't know. I'm failing in my google searches.

Also, after last night's C8 reveal, the C8 visualizer build program shows 2 red caliper options. One a bright red and one more subtle. On the visualizer the bright red calipers against my Blade Silver are like WOW! Would love to know what color code they are. I know I can work with the paint shop to develop a customized red but would love to start with some actual reference codes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
View attachment 271472

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was a previous discussion somewhere about cost to have Calipers professionally done vs. trying to do it yourself and I have heard anywhere from $200-$300.

Do you mind sharing and what kind of shop did you find that does that kind of work. I want to have my wife's Cayenne Calipers repainted which is why I am curiously inquiring.
I went to a local Corvette friendly garage and they are handling it all. They sent the calipers out to a paint shop. The paint and clear coat was about $220 of a total cost of $800. The big driver of the cost is pulling the calipers, cleaning them up, reinstalling and bleeding. I had another quote for $500 but the garage I went to came highly recommended by my local Corvette club and this guy is a perfectionist. Only costs a little more to go first class.

If you're not in a local Corvette or Porsche club look for one on Facebook and join the FB group and ask for local Corvette or Porsche friendly garages. The question someone else asked that turned me onto my guy was "who do you trust to work on your C7"?

·
Administrator
15,045 Posts
Look great Z28+23! :cool:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great job Z28.