Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 C7 Corvette: Has anyone experienced a battery drain caused by the push button start switch?
When starting the car, the push button will sometimes not engage the starter right away and has to be pressed a second time to start the engine.
Note: This issue showed up when original battery was replaced and battery would drain in a short period of time, sometimes overnight! Had new battery checked and it is good.
Had it to the area Chevy dealer and they suspected bent connector plates at the battery and thought the issue was solved. Battery drained within 5 days. Took back to dealer and they said something may be waking up a module when the car is not running causing the battery drain but could not pinpoint the issue.
I was just wondering since the push button wakes up everything when starting the car, maybe if it is bad, it may be the issue?? Help!

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Welcome to our forum Dave. I have not heard of the start button being an issue related to battery drain. Do you have any equipment that is plugged into the OBDII terminal? Have you added a dash cam that is hard wired? Do you primarily use your C7 on short drives where the battery doesn't get a chance to recharge? Finally, do you use a battery maintainer, like a CTEK?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 C7 Corvette: Has anyone experienced a battery drain caused by the push button start switch?
When starting the car, the push button will sometimes not engage the starter right away and has to be pressed a second time to start the engine.
Note: This issue showed up when original battery was replaced and battery would drain in a short period of time, sometimes overnight! Had new battery checked and it is good.
Had it to the area Chevy dealer and they suspected bent connector plates at the battery and thought the issue was solved. Battery drained within 5 days. Took back to dealer and they said something may be waking up a module when the car is not running causing the battery drain but could not pinpoint the issue.
I was just wondering since the push button wakes up everything when starting the car, maybe if it is bad, it may be the issue?? Help!
I have a 2014 Convertible with the original battery still in the car. After 8 years (next week) I figured I should replace the battery. Had it checked and was told it was in great shape and didn’t need to be replaced. Regarding your issue, I‘ve never experienced that issue. The car will sit in the garage, without being hooked to a trickle charger, for 2-3 weeks without any starting issues. I ordered this car so I’ve had it from day one. Currently have just under 31k miles.

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Unusual but good for you 👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2014 also and never had that problem. I hope you find the problem because something is draining your battery and the dealership should find the issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try "hiding the remote" from the car. Inside a microwave or as far away as you can get them. This will at least determine if the remote is waking up the car and trying to connect. If this solves the problem, I would replace the batteries in the remote and/or look for a stuck button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts