Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my C7 there is a part that I can't identify. It is located just in front of the brake fluid reservoir. Cast aluminum with a vacuum line and a two wire connector attached.
Round about 5" tall. Vacuum pump??

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are correct, it is a vacuum pump. It's purely to supply vacuum to the brake booster. It's not on all the time. There is a pressure sensor for the EBCM to monitor the vacuum and turn on the pump when needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks blu2k..

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
It designed to make sure the brakes never fail because of lack of volume due to a stuck open throttle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing I found about my 2016 C7 8 speed Auto. When in reverse I can not turn the radio off. Any other gear I can. Just another interesting thing I'm finding about this very cool car.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Another thing I found about my 2016 C7 8 speed Auto. When in reverse I can not turn the radio off. Any other gear I can. Just another interesting thing I'm finding about this very cool car.
Yeah I discovered that too. Backing out of the garage and the radio suddenly blasts to life after being blocked silent in the garage. But you can use the volume knob to reduce the volume to zero if you like. --Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something new every day..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts