Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

anyone else encounter a problem with their passenger side mirror not resetting to its Drive position after Reversing?

This is super annoying as I keep forgetting to check my passenger side mirror when I start driving after reversing the car, often times leading to uncomfortable situations when I look into the passenger mirror and only see the ground instead of the expected traffic next/behind to me.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Is this happening all the time, or just when you shut down after having your Vette in reverse?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens every time :(

I reverse park the Vette in our garage and the next morning when I ride out the mirror remains pointing down.

I park the car on a parking lot, come back reverse out and ride off, same thing mirror stays pointing down.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
If you haven't already tried, go back into your setting and reset your preferences for your FOB and the mirror back-up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you haven't already tried, go back into your setting and reset your preferences for your FOB and the mirror back-up.
Yesterday I disconnected the battery and reset the preferences lets see what happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there,

anyone else encounter a problem with their passenger side mirror not resetting to its Drive position after Reversing?

This is super annoying as I keep forgetting to check my passenger side mirror when I start driving after reversing the car, often times leading to uncomfortable situations when I look into the passenger mirror and only see the ground instead of the expected traffic next/behind to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe that it can happen if you are using a different key fob than the one that you used when you set the mirror position.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No dice :( the driver side mirror returns to its driving position instantly without a fault, passenger mirror doesn't :( guess its time to test the extended warranty...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts