Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 C7 and recently started having a problem with the passenger window. When we open the door the window goes down and inch or so to allow clearance of frame. Sometimes once it is opened, the window returns to the top position and hits the frame when closed. I have tried indexing the windows and this has not helped. One other thing to note is that when the door is open and I press the door open button (the one accessed from the outside) the window goes up and down a few times and then stops. This does not always happen, but on occasion. I am looking for others who have had and solved this problem.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,118 Posts
Didn't have that problem, but I can surmise there is an obvious glitch there. I'd go to the dealer for a diagnostic check, it's probably something that can be reset. Should be no cost to you, should be a warranty issue. I see now it's a 2014, if out of warranty, maybe they can do a good faith fix. Good luck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Okay this is just a WAG . How old is your battery? There are countless anomalies reported when our highly computer controlled vehicles begin to loose battery power. I know it sounds odd but sometimes it's something you'd least expect causing these unusual behaviors ..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 C7 and recently started having a problem with the passenger window. When we open the door the window goes down and inch or so to allow clearance of frame. Sometimes once it is opened, the window returns to the top position and hits the frame when closed. I have tried indexing the windows and this has not helped. One other thing to note is that when the door is open and I press the door open button (the one accessed from the outside) the window goes up and down a few times and then stops. This does not always happen, but on occasion. I am looking for others who have had and solved this problem.
Before you do anything else, have your battery tested. If you still have the original battery, change it. Windows like correct voltage. I once bought a used car that the owners discounted significantly due to malfunctioning electric windows. New battery—windows fixed!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yup, rhe first thing would be to index the Windows per the manual (which you did and it didn’t fix he problem). Next likely culprit is a battery that is reaching the end of its service life. It’s not dead, just putting out lower voltage that messes with the electronic.

An important word of caution: If you change your own battery remember to remove the negative terminal first, then the positive. When reconnecting, connect the positive first, then the negative. If you do it the other way around, you could burn out some very expensive electronic modules. -OFF, +OFF, +ON, -ON

1 - 5 of 5 Posts