Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever drive through a nice neighborhood and notice cars covered up in garages when the door's open. Or just drive by and wonder what's in the ones that are closed?
Well I know you guys all have nice C5's 6's or new Vettes in your garages, you wouldn't be reading this site if you didn't. I know I love showing off my hot rod p/up project, and it's far from finished. So here's your chance. Let's tell other members or better yet show the boys what you're hiding. And tell us what you used to have as well. I'm new to this site, so I don't know how to load pictures yet, but I'll start it off w/tell and not show:

Project Hot Rod Truck: 63' Short Bed Fleetside big window Chevy (of course). Drivetrain from a Buddies 69' Vette 427/400 Tri Power Turbo 400. Tubbed rear w/Mickey Thompson SR's on 20x14 Foose Nitrous wheels and Baer brakes all around. 09' Tahoe LTZ black heated bucket seats and Vintage A/C. No paint yet but will be 69'/70' GM Camaro color (LeMans Blue/White top).

C7 Z06 3Lz 7spd Coupe Blade Silver/Adrenaline Red-black Stage 2 Aero, AE4 Comp seats, FAY CF dash, C2Z CF roof Chrome wheels red calipers. Order status 1100 MacMulkin Chevrolet

Rick

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks! I use an ipad, I'm sure it can be done. Elegant helped me set up my avatar. Maybe he'll c this and jump in?

Let's See those cars guys!!!
Thanks again Jeff

Rick

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
Here are a couple of mine besides RedHot,

a 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

P1000096.JPG

and with Ed Welburn

IMG_0181.JPG

a 1975 Rolls Royce Corniche DHC (aka convertible)

Rollssd.jpg

Rollsswh.jpg

a 2006 Porsche Boxster

Fire & Ice.jpg

and its interior designed as an homage to my Lady In Blue Rolls Royce interior

interior.jpg

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Keep them pics coming. I just like cars. Bullet headlights and fenders plus running boards are boss. Pinstripes and two tone paint is great also. cutnout aka Charie

·
Registered
292 Posts
This one is covered and in the garage. She gets out at least every two weeks and fired up and run once a week. IMG_20140702_195650206_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is great stuff, love seeing the pictures. Spread the word, there's gota be a ton of you guys with nice cars to show off. How about this: First car 56' Ford 4 dr, 65 Mustang GT Fastback 4Spd, Bought my first new one 1972 F250 4X4 Sport Custom, wow remember those trucks? 1974 Pinto W/a 351 Windsor. Then I bought a barely used 70' Boss 302 Mustang, 1977 Z28 Camaro, Yup I switched teams and have never looked back, Kept getting whooped in that Mustang by Bad Bowties! !972 Corvette Ontario Orange Coupe, 1963 Corvette FI rdstr., 1968 Corvettte 327 auto rdstr. Surprised the wife w/a 1988 Z52 red/black auto Coupe. That was my last Vette, so I'm ready for my new C7!
Z06 7spd Coupe now at 1100

Rick

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You auta be proud taking a picture w/the Man. Not sure of his title, but i saw him present Rick Hendrick w/his new C7 rdst.

Cool stuff, I think it was on Americarna? Anybody c that show?

Rick

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
Rick I am extremely honored to know Ed Welburn, VP Global Design for GM, a real genuine automobile enthusiast and true gentleman. That picture was taken when he signed my XTS and we discussed the yet to be produced Stingray (in prototype at that time), including how he was going to spec his and how I was going to spec mine out. He is very much one of the reasons we are so lucky to have the Stingrays we have today.:cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just a few of my fun rides in the past...

After getting my DL in '85, I bought this nice 1970 GTO 4-spd convertible for $1400 and kept it until '99.

At start of college, I had a '88 Trans Am GTA with the 5.7 TPI.... had lots of fun in this Pontiac!

Later years in med school, I had this 1995 Eclipse GSX (AWD Turbo)... fun to drive & quick at that time.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Something different... have always enjoyed the muscle cars but liked being the import underdog until the new Stingray came out haha I still love all kinds of cars and Hondas always have a place in my life.
Me too! The two wheeled variety and the AP-2 four wheeled variety.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The first shot is of the 1965 Cobra 427 SC, which we still have and take on cruises from time to time, but definitely not a long distance car as it has absolutely no creature comforts, not even a radio, as if you could hear it anyway.

The second shot is of a 1969 Mustang Mach I built into a full on race car campaigned in a west coast class referred to as Pro/Gas where we ran on a 9.50 index at around 148 MPH in the 1/4 mile. This picture was taken by a magazine photographer and writer around 1980. The 9.50 index we ran on was eventually dropped to 8.90 seconds at speeds in the upper 150's to low er 160's until we became bored with that and pulled out all the stops by going to the third picture.

The third picture was taken after the original Mustang was completely rebuilt around 1985 and campaigned in an earlier match race class referred to "Blown Doorslammers," or "Outlaws" or "Run what you Brung" later referred to as "Pro/Modified." This class allowed for any cubic inch engine right up to 705" back then, on gasoline and nitrous or supercharged burning methanol. This particular picture was taken while launching off the starting line at Sacramento Raceway turning an elapse time of 7.50 seconds at approximately 190 MPH. These cars are a bit more sophisticated today running elapsed times in the mid-5's at over 260 MPH. After retiring from drag racing in 1989-1990, the car and entire operation was sold...

The fourth picture was taken of our ski/family boat, or what I tried to pass off to my poor wife as. She eventually caught on and still uses it against me to this day... What else or what other type of a boat does a former professional drag racer buy? Kept the engine from the Pro/Mod car, did a little detuning, lowered the compression from 15.5:1 down to 12.5:1 and installed a smaller camshaft. Was still clocked at 164 MPH through the 1/4 mile at a unsanctioned event..... This only lasted perhaps two years... Sold the boat AND the engine and ended up picking up the Cobra....

Just sold the Nissan 370Z with no pictures taken of it and am waiting patiently for the Z06 in hopefully the early spring.

Cobra on the way to Tahoe.jpg Tom McTernan's Pro Gas Mustang_ 001.jpg Tom McTernan's Pro Modified '69 Mustang. 001.jpg Hydro at Rollin's Lake.jpg

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
29 Participants
Muddbiker
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing