Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, Rick! By the way, I'm your customer from Mississippi. I go to your website EVERYDAY to get the updates on my future C7. It is killing me---the wait--- because I am keeping it a secret from everyone except my Mom and my husband. It is getting harder and harder for me to keep my mouth shut!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Rick! By the way, I'm your customer from Mississippi. I go to your website EVERYDAY to get the updates on my future C7. It is killing me---the wait--- because I am keeping it a secret from everyone except my Mom and my husband. It is getting harder and harder for me to keep my mouth shut!
awesome , so nice to hear from you,,,I know GM is working so hard to launch the car properly, I took don some of the TPW's as they were target by the GM computer and during a launch nothing is normal, other than the excitement for the car....hang in there and thank-you for the support...I am sending an email to all of you this week...

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
Thanks for posting this link. One step closer to the real thing :cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I don't want them to send out malfunctioning cars so I understand the caution and the quality checks, etc... I will gladly wait to get my perfect one!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks much for being part of the solution. Sure wish my dealer were as pro-active. Since my dealer has been incommunicato, is there any chance you can let us know what on earth is going on with production. My dealer is a pretty big player (#1 in the Southeast, they say) and yet, they tell me they haven't had an update from GM for weeks. Are you getting status/production code updates for your customers?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm doing the exact same thing! But people close to me know I'm in love with the car and willing to get what I want. Can't wait as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks much for being part of the solution. Sure wish my dealer were as pro-active. Since my dealer has been incommunicato, is there any chance you can let us know what on earth is going on with production. My dealer is a pretty big player (#1 in the Southeast, they say) and yet, they tell me they haven't had an update from GM for weeks. Are you getting status/production code updates for your customers?
My finances were just checked Friday and the dealer is saying my order will go in Monday. He says that I probably won't see my Vette until November. I guess that's accurate? What do you guys think? I'm in Canada.

He may be a little off to because he also mentioned that a bunch of people in the states have already gotten their ordered Vettes, or have I missed something?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Georgio51, you must be talking about Hendrick. I was originally on their list, but when I got the call that it was my turn to order, they informed me they would be charging $5000 on top of the MSRP. So I start calling other dealers and found Rick. I told Hendrick's, they were crazy if they thought I was paying over MSRP when other dealers weren't price-gouging, and I cancelled my order with them. Luckily got my deposit back. I hear they've changed their minds about the over-charge but they had already lost my trust. Yes, driving back from Columbus, Ohio, is a little farther than Atlanta, but after thinking about it, I decided that it would actually give me about 10 hours to really get to know my new car and would be a good thing! And to answer your question, yes---Rick is giving us updates weekly on our order status, target production week, etc... He is awesome.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Since this was a topic of conversation today I thought I would bring up to the top for folks to see & read.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Maybe someone can help me.

I receive my new car today and in the trunk was a plastic bag with two round rings in it. A piece of paper in it indicated it as GM Accessories - z51 Front Brake Rotor Cooling Rings (Part Number 23184111). I can not find any thing in the manual about this. Does anyone one know?

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
Maybe someone can help me.

I receive my new car today and in the trunk was a plastic bag with two round rings in it. A piece of paper in it indicated it as GM Accessories - z51 Front Brake Rotor Cooling Rings (Part Number 23184111). I can not find any thing in the manual about this. Does anyone one know?
Thanks to track junkie's post on another forum, here is your answer Mike:
The Corvette Stingray Z51 will arrive at the dealership with a package of aluminum rings and wire. These are called out as brake rotor cooling rings. These rings are to be provided to the customer and are not to be installed during the PDI process. The cooling rings are for customer use if they elect to use the vehicle in a competitive driving event. The directions are outlined in the 2014 Owners Manual under "Competitive Driving". The rotor rings are for off road use only and must be installed to prevent brake fade in competitive events.

Caution: Do not leave rotor cooling rings installed after a track event, as this can cause corrosion with long-term use. Rotor cooling rings are for race track use only. Race track driving without the rotor cooling rings may result in brake pedal fade.

Installation:

1. Remove the front wheels.
2. Cut three 150 mm (6 in) lengths of safety wire specified to T304 Stainless Steel, 0.041 in nominal diameter, not included.
3. Form each into a U shape with a 20 mm (0.75 in) flat area in the center of the wire.
4. Place the rotor ring in the gap between the rotor brake plate and rotor hat, with the holes on each side of the rotor spoke on the outboard side of the rotor.

1. Place the U-shaped wire through the holes in the rotor cooling ring.
2. Bring the ends of the wire tight around the corresponding rotor spoke.
3. Twist the safety wire into six to eight twists per inch.
4. Bend the twisted wire so it is flush with the inside of the rotor ring to prevent contact with the caliper or brake hoses.
5. Verify that the rotor rings and safety wire do not contact any other components.
6. Reinstall the wheel using the specific lug nut torque. See Capacities and Specifications in SI.

If additional brake cooling is required, the grill mesh in the lower corners of the front grill in front of the brake duct can be removed. This is not reversible, and a replacement grill will not be covered by the warranty. If this is done, it is recommended that the gap between the fascia and the cooling duct be taped over.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thank you very much for cooling ring information . I did not think to look in the competitive driving section for the answer.

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
Thank you very much for cooling ring information . I did not think to look in the competitive driving section for the answer.
Most welcome Mike. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts