Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who use your PDR often as a 'dash-cam,' have you come up with any means to remind yourself to go through the steps necessary [hit home button on Infotainment screen menu, hit PDR icon, dismiss the message, hit record button] to turn it on each time you get into your C7?

I have had WhiteHot for little more than 1/2 year and I don't always remember to turn it on after starting her up. I have considered making a static sticker that would go on the Info screen to remind me, but I am open to ideas/suggestions. I have after-market dash-cams in my other cars that I wired to start when the car is turned on, but would prefer not to add a separate dash-cam to WhiteHot.

· Registered
2017-Tourch Red-Z51-3LT-A8-Engine & Exhaust mods-530 engine hp
12 Posts
I use a REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT ribbon on my steering wheel, to remind me to disconnect my battery tender. It is not a permanent sticker, so it doesn't ugly up the interior. Something like that might work for you. Just a thought!
And yes, the ribbon is the fix for driving off with the tender still attached:cautious:

· Registered
10,707 Posts
Those of you who use your PDR often as a 'dash-cam,' have you come up with any means to remind yourself to go through the steps necessary [hit home button on Infotainment screen menu, hit PDR icon, dismiss the message, hit record button] to turn it on each time you get into your C7?

I have had WhiteHot for little more than 1/2 year and I don't always remember to turn it on after starting her up. I have considered making a static sticker that would go on the Info screen to remind me, but I am open to ideas/suggestions. I have after-market dash-cams in my other cars that I wired to start when the car is turned on, but would prefer not to add a separate dash-cam to WhiteHot.
I just try to remember, which isn't 100% effective, of course.

Reactions: jsvette

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe if you put it in valet mode it will start recording every time you start the car. It will not record audio.
Thanks for the suggestion. Valet mode on the PDR will automatically start recording but only when the C7 is also put in Valet Mode, which means that you will not have access to the glove box, steering wheel controls or infotainment system.

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may have a solution similar to 1SICKC7 suggestion of a REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT ribbon. I made a simple 'Turn on PDR' tag that sits on the Infotainment screen. I remove it after starting WhiteHot and put it back when I shut her down. While not that elegant, tt seems to do the trick :cool: though I would have preferred there was a way to program the PDR to start every time I turned on WhiteHot.

Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

· Registered
10,707 Posts
That is effective, Jeff.

I fear that I would sometimes forget to put it back on the infotainment screen after a drive. :p

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rodney. Forgetting is a distinct possibility. I try to leave it where I see it, like in one of the cup holders. Time will tell.

· Administrator
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure what I am missing here. I believe it is possible for you to go into PDR settings and set it to turn on every time you start the car. Am I wrong?
The C7 PDR does not have a setting other than as noted above "Valet" to have the PDR automatically record. Valet setting will not allow for the steering wheel controls or Infotainment system to be used nor access to the locking glovebox, because in order to use Valet on the PDR you also have to turn on the C7's Valet mode. Otherwise, the only way to have the PDR recording is to manually turn it on each time your start the C7.

· Registered
117 Posts
This is not a reason to dump your C7 and get a C8, but it is a nice feature that I can setup PDR to start recording when I start my '22. I used to regularly forget to manually start PDR when I had my C7. I would think it would be a fairly simple software update to allow this in the C7. Not sure why GM wouldn't entertain it.

· Registered
2 Posts
The C7 PDR does not have a setting other than as noted above "Valet" to have the PDR automatically record. Valet setting will not allow for the steering wheel controls or Infotainment system to be used nor access to the locking glovebox, because in order to use Valet on the PDR you also have to turn on the C7's Valet mode. Otherwise, the only way to have the PDR recording is to manually turn it on each time your start the C7.
Sorry - I didn't catch that it was a C7 being discussed!

· Premium Member
23 Posts
Here is the next best thing. On my Iphone I program a shortcut to say "TURN ON PDR" everytime the phone is connected to the car.
I always plug the phone into the connector after I start the car.

She takes a number of seconds but after it connects she says "turn on PDR"

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts