Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The PDR is just awsome, I'm having my car shipped out to California and cant wait to review the transport record. Just got this do not use ... Legal issue because recording subjects and road conditions? Screenshot 2014-09-24 12.37.54.png

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sounds like they are concerned about legal liability for a system that can record what people are saying without their knowledge or permission. Legal Department working overtime on this one, perhaps. Hmmm. I can imagine it now. You put on valet mode, let your friend drive it, your friend has a conversation where he reveals sensitive information, you hear it, and act on it, and he sues you and GM for secretly bugging him.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
The PDR is just awsome, I'm having my car shipped out to California and cant wait to review the transport record. Just got this do not use ... Legal issue because recording subjects and road conditions? View attachment 13267
Since you are in California, see posts #4 and #9 in the thread linked above by jsvette.

The use of the PDR in any mode will record conversations, and that is illegal in CA unless everyone being recorded agrees before the recording begins.

So, this is not just limited to Valet Mode.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got home from work and had a FedEx envelope waiting for me with that letter inside. Sure hope the update only affects the audio in valet mode.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Just got home from work and had a FedEx envelope waiting for me with that letter inside. Sure hope the update only affects the audio in valet mode.
Hopefully it does not affect the audio recording at all, but just plays an audible warning message when you start the car, or turn on the PDR (or something like that).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Until GM figures this out, I can see a printed three sentence disclaimer on the dash for both the driver and passenger to see.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Who got their PDR Love Letter from GM?

Got mine today via Fedex!
Thank you for purchasing a 2015 Corvette.
Please do not use the Valet Mode feature without warning others of being recorded and getting their approval.
We will fix this soon.

Your Friendly GM Exec

HAHAHAHAHA
Amazing
:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got mine

·
Registered
183 Posts
I received mine yesterday via Fedex.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is one of those issues that we need to "thank" the law makers in this country for legislating protections for those people that WE need to be protected! Unintended consequences I'm sure. So? Let's tweak the legislation to do what it was intended...and no more. Come on Senators/Representatives et al, for what we pay you, and the lifetime perks you receive, do you damn job! Sorry, but regardless of our political views, common sense really needs to prevail. NOBODY in their right mind really wants to protect a clown beating on someone's car placed in their care.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
This is one of those issues that we need to "thank" the law makers in this country for legislating protections for those people that WE need to be protected! Unintended consequences I'm sure. So? Let's tweak the legislation to do what it was intended...and no more. Come on Senators/Representatives et al, for what we pay you, and the lifetime perks you receive, do you damn job! Sorry, but regardless of our political views, common sense really needs to prevail. NOBODY in their right mind really wants to protect a clown beating on someone's car placed in their care.
Although I totally agree with you, be aware that we have to be careful here. Just a fair warning: I was the recipient of a personal message yesterday telling me to keep politics off the site on this topic. So, as much as we might want to go to the political side and talk about our opinions of what the laws should be, we had better keep that in check so the moderators don't have to send unpleasant personal messages to us reminding us of the forum rules on politics.

LT1xL82, I am just trying to be helpful here...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Well, there goes my plan of lending my car to my broker, and finding out what he really thinks about those stocks he is always trying to peddle to me.;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Got Mine this AM, FedEx Priority Overnight from California

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haven't received anything even though my car has been shipped. I'm assuming it's because it hasn't been paid for yet.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I didn't get anything about it and I picked my car up from the dealer this past Tuesday. The salesman said nothing about it either.

·
Administrator
15,226 Posts
Haven't received anything even though my car has been shipped. I'm assuming it's because it hasn't been paid for yet.
It might also be that by the time your Stingray is delivered the 'fix' will be in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It might also be that by the time your Stingray is delivered the 'fix' will be in place.
Possibly yeah. I'd like the fix to be a message on the screen, just to save me the awkward conversation each time I use it. No point having this recording system in place if the valet needs to be told about it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts