Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm very knowledgable and good mustang shops and part manufactures but I'm not up to speed on Vette shops, so what's the word of these guys?

I'm not a fan on Hennessy or Calaway.

*** I have already noticed the "Vette tax" had its stupid. There is no reason some of the parts cost what they do !!! Lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good thread to start. I want to know the same.

I've been searching the net for performance parts and add-ons and for obvious reasons there are not a ton of products out there yet, but Pfadt seems to be ahead of the curve with releasing some C7 performance parts/tuning and it looks like they have a good following for C5 and C6 platforms both with end users and resellers. Would like to hear more from folks that have used these and other manufacturers.

I have to have something to do wit this car over the winter. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm very knowledgable and good mustang shops and part manufactures but I'm not up to speed on Vette shops, so what's the word of these guys?

I'm not a fan on Hennessy or Calaway.

*** I have already noticed the "Vette tax" had its stupid. There is no reason some of the parts cost what they do !!! Lol
Hey Sinner, Being local here with me you need to get on our local Corvette Forum full of very knowledgeable guys who have been helping me. They are into modifications in a serious way. They're the group I hang out with at C&C (most of us drive there in a single line from Richardson). I'll email you the info, so you can jump on board!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great. I still want feedback on this company as well.

I haven't seen much feedback on this site but spoke to a friend of a friend who has a 2009 Z06 C6 that was mod'ed and tuned at DaSilva Motorosports here in Ontario (official Pfadt dealer and tuner) using Pfadt parts and he raved abut the BIG performance gains. He also installed a lot of suspension upgrades which he says transformed the handling on the track.

So....without further feedback I think I will go ahead and order the heads/cats/CAI from Pfadt which will give me another garage project for the winter. I'm also going to order the front splitter and side skirts as soon as the become available although I'm going to look around for best value on those. My other winter project includes a 5.7l conversion to our 2008 Wrangler. I might need to add a couple bays on at this rate. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't seen much feedback on this site but spoke to a friend of a friend who has a 2009 Z06 C6 that was mod'ed and tuned at DaSilva Motorosports here in Ontario (official Pfadt dealer and tuner) using Pfadt parts and he raved abut the BIG performance gains. He also installed a lot of suspension upgrades which he says transformed the handling on the track.

So....without further feedback I think I will go ahead and order the heads/cats/CAI from Pfadt which will give me another garage project for the winter. I'm also going to order the front splitter and side skirts as soon as the become available although I'm going to look around for best value on those. My other winter project includes a 5.7l conversion to our 2008 Wrangler. I might need to add a couple bays on at this rate. :)
Great projects!!! We have a '12 wrangler and it's my 5th CJ/wrangler and I love the 3.6 penstar and 5speed auto
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382290169.055282.jpg

As for Pfadt, I'm thinking of getting their tune and splitters. I'm going to call them Monday. I don't think the heads and cam are worth the money for the gains and will wait a few years before I go into the engine. I will get Long Tubes and maybe a blower. I'm a big forced induction guy. It keeps the street manners and drive ability great while adding amazing hp for the money.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm planning on purchasing the tune, LT and intake soon and I'll keep the board updated on the progress. I've spoken to the company a few times and I'm very happy with their customer service so far.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good thread, We need to keep this going on upcoming Perf Parts. I thought Pfadts claim to fame was suspension?

Who can come up with the best package for $5k & $10k

I'm thinking cold air, exhaust, lowering, carbon skirts & splitter, aaaaaand?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I plan to get the front and side splitters as well

Great thread on tune and long tubes below...
Pfadt C7 Headers & tune dyno and review - Corvette Forum
Hope that front splitter looks very similar to the rendering above. Modest and somewhat tight to the original bodylines. I've seen many that seem to protrude way too far and they look like a quick, not well engineered add-on (cheap). I'm going with the splitter/side skirts, tune and headers from Pfadt. And finally my car rolls on the line today towards the end of days shift.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope that front splitter looks very similar to the rendering above. Modest and somewhat tight to the original bodylines. I've seen many that seem to protrude way too far and they look like a quick, not well engineered add-on (cheap). I'm going with the splitter/side skirts, tune and headers from Pfadt. And finally my car rolls on the line today towards the end of days shift.
I completely agree.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just spoke to the guys at Pfadt and ordered my CAI and tune. They suggested I wait and gauge the performance improvements of the CAI and tune before moving on to the headers for further improvements. As they put it a car with the tune and CAI alone will runaway from a C7 without. Very knowledgeable guys, not in a rush to get you off the phone and will answer all questions. They also commit to update the tune at N/C should you go with the tune prior to adding CAI or headers.

CAI isn't available yet but close and the Aero parts are still sometime away but they are showing on a C7 at SEMA.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You ordered too soon!!!! I was going to suggest a group buy lol.

I'm going to call Eric again tomorrow and most likely order the tune. I would like them to improve my stock dyno numbers A LOT! I need more power.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383084104.993854.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383084145.424191.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
You ordered too soon!!!! I was going to suggest a group buy lol.

I'm going to call Eric again tomorrow and most likely order the tune. I would like them to improve my stock dyno numbers A LOT! I need more power.

View attachment 1161
View attachment 1162
Damn good idea!!!! Lol. Eric's a great guy and they are very responsive there. They've already shipped my order. Now all I need is a car. haha

·
Registered
214 Posts
and I gotta say...that car looks soooo good in white!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts