Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw the Hennessy 500hp package that provides headers, x pipe and tuning with some emblems for about $6,000.

Than I figured that it's very pricey for pipe and chip, than I found PFADT, they make Headers for 2k including the X pipe and the cat converter as well as a computer upgrade chip for $400 and intake for $600!!!

So for 3k I can get the same deal as Hennessy but with also air intake and at half off price.

I think I should gain 60hp with PFADT due to the fact they have the air intake vs Hennessy 40hp upgrade.

Any thought?

Did anyone install any of these items?

Any better / cheaper solutions?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think I need to wait another year or two for the aftermarket to catch up to how to really make the direct injection work. With all of the CFD simulation, interpolating data for the near endless combinations I think there is a lot more for the aftermarket to learn. Not to mention GM will likely share more possibilities for what can be done when the Z06 comes out.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, Elegant you know your vette!!!
I just read many negative things about Hennessey performance.

I guess ill go with PFADT, they don't sell "dream packages" just the actual parts you need at a much lower rate!!!

Need feedbacks from PFADT actual clients.....

·
Registered
873 Posts
There is a guy on CorvetteForum.com who had a horrible experience with Pfadt headers. I haven't looked at his thread lately, but he was having no luck getting them to fit his car.

Btw- no one uses chips anymore. They reprogram your ECM (engine control module)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey guys. To be honest, 3,000$ for headers, an intake, and a mild tune is pretty outrageous. If I could offer y'all the best advice, I would wait until stainless works, kooks, and several other companies come out with headers. You can do the install yourself. I did it on my LS3 in my garage with jackstands in 2 hours, taking my time. Tunes usually cost about 400-500$ at a reputable tuner shop, where you can also get your car dyno'd. As far as cold air intakes, there will be a wider variety to choose from in the next few months, I'm sure.

Edited to add- for 6,000$ I would even throw in a cam kit :)

·
18,670 Posts
Echo that we are still way early in the process, just as noted on another thread on aftermarket exhausts. We all waited months (years for some) for the StingRay to be revealed, then 9-12 months for folks to get their cars, and waiting till Spring for aftermarket performance options is a good idea, as there will be way more than there are now, some pricing discounts, etc.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm a big fan of LG headers and tuning myself.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
LG Motorsports (a forum supporting vendor) makes great products, most as a result of their winning Corvette racing program. Looking forward to their upcoming StingRay headers and exhaust systems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I decided to start with PFADT headers, Xpipe, carbon fiber intake and their custom tune,

Any feedback of C7 owners who installed a similar upgrade on their cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ya I went w D.sport on canned tune will get custom tune down the road but I like kooks headers myself.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Get with me before ordering any parts and tunes. Not only can I help you guys out with price, but I can also share some info with me that you two haven't seen yet. I assure you that my friendship saves you $ and will wear your tires out sooner lol ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would suggest that no one goes to Hennessy and such shops, they are way overpriced and offer nothing better then some of the good vendors here and CF.

Pfadt is a great shop and the truth is that there isn't a shop around that makes everyone happy all the time. Some people are never happy or expect too much. I plan to use pfadt long tubes and hi flow cat on my procharger C7.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts