Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of SRF forum member Phil (forum name SilverVert) from complications of cancer.

Phil didn’t post much but was well known by a handful of forum members.

Phil was a very good friend and best Corvette buddy. Over the years, we had participated in many Corvette shows, Corvette trips, and as several here know, VIR, the NCM and USAF Museum runs of late, and a regular at the Wax & Chats.

Originally from Medford, OR, Phil (67) he was an accomplished professional and very highly thought of in his chosen field. Career Army all the way, MP for 20+ years in the states, Vietnam, Korea, Europe, and the Middle East. After retiring from active service as a CWO4, he became a special agent with the Army’s CID specializing in the polygraph field, becoming the program manager in that arena.

Among his many awards, the Legion of Merit, and 7 Meritorious Service Medals

Phil retired a few years ago not long after he lost his wife Pauline to cancer as well.

An avid Corvette owner, his two favorites were his 2000 highly modified silver convertible with a ProCharger, and his current silver Z06 convertible.

I will miss this man immensely, could not ask for a better friend.

Rest in peace Phil.

Norm

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Very sorry to read this about Phil (SilverVert). Appreciate your informing our membership Norm.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Sad that he's gone, but glad he's no longer in pain. I didn't know Phil well, but did socialize at a number of vette events, and like him tremendously. I'll miss him.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I did not know Phil, but one Army vet to another, Rest in Peace, Brother.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Really am going to miss Phil. He was fun to be around and had a great sense of humor. Loved being with him during our trips to VIR and the Air Force Museum. A fun time was had by all. RIP Phil.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Thanks for sharing Norm....only knew him via SRF and sorry I never got to meet him.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So sorry to hear this sad news. Thank you Norm for sharing. Please pass on condolences to any of Phil's family and friends.

Mike

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sorry to hear this sad news. He was a friend to the SRF family. Condolences to his family and friends. Thanks for letting us know, Norm. Hope you're doing well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of SRF forum member Phil (forum name SilverVert) from complications of cancer.

Norm
I am sorry to hear this news. Thank you, Norm, for sharing.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
So very sad. I knew his prognosis wasn't good but I continued to pray for a miracle. Phil was an easy guy to like. I'll always remember Wax & Chat II and riding with him in his beautiful Z06 (with the top down). Looking back, I'm glad I got to spend some time with him last November at NCM.

Rest in Peace Phil

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Norm, very well done tribute by you for Phil. I didn't know him real well but we had corresponded with both of us having the Blade Silver C7 in common and coincidentally another model silver Corvette also in the stable. Seemed like a great guy.

Rest in Peace silverVert

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rest In Peace Phil (SilverVert)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Norm,

Thanks for posting your tribute to your friend. Sorry to hear this news. I believe you introduced me to Phil at Ocean City last October......

Richard

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
May Phil rest in peace.

·
Registered
868 Posts
So sorry to read this news. I reached out to him last year as I recognized a treatment he was having as I have gone through a similar battle. Didn't get much info from him about his struggle but wanted to reach out to offer an ear. Truly disappointed he was lost this curse of a disease.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Norm, thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed reading his threads and post on SRF. Phil, another Brother has transferred to Heaven to serve at his final post.

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 29 Posts