Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry to hear of your friends passing. I know loss to cancer to well myself. We have loss two members of our club this year. John

·
18,667 Posts
I never met Phil, but we had more than a few personal conversations using private messages. He was a fine person — and that is a massive understatement.

RIP Phil. You were a great person!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Phil was a good friend to all. I will miss seeing his easy going smile. I enjoyed every moment of his Corvette delivery but more importantly, thank you Norm for introducing us. What a fine person.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Norm, what sad news... and a great tribute you wrote for him... Looks like he was quite a guy... I got to meet him one time... at your place, when I drove east several years ago... I still have the video of me following the two of you, in a hurricane induced frog choker of a downpour... driving to the start of a FSCC mystery cruise at the Smyrna rest stop (where the skies miraculously creared). My thoughts are with you, and all that knew Phil.
Al

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Norm, I didn’t know Phil but your post clearly was a well written tribute to a special man! RIP Phil you had a lot of good friends!

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For those that would be interested and close enough that you may want to attend, Phil and his wife Pauline will be interned together at Arlington National Cemetery on October 15, 2019, 1500 hrs. I anticipate a large Corvette presence of friends to attend.
If interested, send a pm to me for further info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow!

I about a week ago stumbled across this picture and I thought it was the most beautiful picture of any C7.

Now, in reading this post which goes back to 2018, it really brought tears to me as for the last 9 months my youngest 25 yr old son and only boy of 3 had gone through Chemotherapy for Lymphoma Cancer which has been challenging for the wife and I. Fortunately, we just received a good report that they think they got all the cancer and we thank God for his blessing and modern day medicine.

May Phil (SilverVert) and his wife that preceded him in death Rest in Peace! This has really hit home and I don't seem to be able to stop crying thinking of my son and this Journey that we have been on through this ugly Cancer diagnosis. My son use to bring up that I promised my 1996 to him but sold it with 9k miles to get him through college totally debt free. However, this well kept C7 is willed to him on my demise or transition of death.

Thank God for Phil and his wife but more importantly I thank God for the time given for him to be a blessing to his family and also to the corvette community. Rest in Peace! RIP

Interesting and coincidental is that my entire family went to college in Washington DC and my son lives in DC. I traveled every month for the last 9 months to DC for Chemo Treatment and Stayed for a Week following treatment to care for my son and have been in Arlington many of times.

This is really emotional as I am reflecting over the last 9 months!

Silver C7.jpg silver c77.png

21 - 29 of 29 Posts