Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 2LT Z51 is not equipped with navigation. Is it possible to sync my phone's navigation up with Mylink? I've scoured the owner's manual, to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Todd

:confused:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
My 2014 2LT Z51 is not equipped with navigation. Is it possible to sync my phone's navigation up with Mylink? I've scoured the owner's manual, to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Todd

No...that's why they sell nav.....

·
Registered
10,505 Posts

Thanks!

Todd

Todd, this is what many others have been complaining about. Use the search features to find pages and pages of posts, if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is why Chevy has started to implement Apple's CarPlay, just not in the Corvette yet. That is software that will run on your infotainment screen, and run apps from your connected phone, like navigation. Since it's technically just software, they might be able to add it later via a software update.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
This is why Chevy has started to implement Apple's CarPlay, just not in the Corvette yet. That is software that will run on your infotainment screen, and run apps from your connected phone, like navigation. Since it's technically just software, they might be able to add it later via a software update.
Technically you are correct but the concept of introducing new capabilities and making it available to previous years does not exist within the automotive industry. Some day that will change but I don't see it in the foreseeable future and certainly not on hardware already delivered. They will use some lame excuse that the hardware we have isn't compatible.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Technically you are correct but the concept of introducing new capabilities and making it available to previous years does not exist within the automotive industry. Some day that will change but I don't see it in the foreseeable future and certainly not on hardware already delivered. They will use some lame excuse that the hardware we have isn't compatible.
One exception to that is Tesla, who does make a lot of updates available to customers with cars already in the field.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
One exception to that is Tesla, who does make a lot of updates available to customers with cars already in the field.
They also don't sell through dealers so comparing Tesla, IMHO a technology company, not a car company, to the 16 Million cars sold through the traditional automotive industry is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Tesla as a company and as a product, I just don't think there's much value in using them as a reference.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
They also don't sell through dealers so comparing Tesla, IMHO a technology company, not a car company, to the 16 Million cars sold through the traditional automotive industry is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Tesla as a company and as a product, I just don't think there's much value in using them as a reference.
Since they sell automobiles, I consider them part of the automobile industry. I don't see why selling through dealers would be a definition of if they sell automobiles or not. Actually, for that matter, cutting out the middle man dealer to save on cost, as well as having a business model where their service departments are meant to only break even (their idea is don't make any additional money from customers if the car breaks - what a great philosophy!) is a very novel, and noble, one.

Think about that one for a while - the traditional automotive industry is set up to make additional money from customers when the car breaks and needs service. Why should companies make more money when their product breaks? Why not build a better car which requires less service? All of these are revolutionary, yet logical, ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts